***SHOPPERS BEWARE*** Installation/set-up fee
bevobuckz

Beware when placing orders online for a installation fee of $100 waiver. I recently got Fios internet service. I purchased it online but the credit check step required me to call a number (i had credit frozen so needed to talk to them). Everything went well talking to a credit person at Verizon, they did inform me that they will connect me to a purchase agent to continue, because they had to open another order and I won't be able to proceed online. They patched me through the purchase agent, and I asked about the online order installation fee waiver. It took a while to explain how I ended up on the phone when an order was started online. Long story short, they couldn't give me a full waiver on the installation fee over the call because "the bill is needed to give you the rest of the waiver in the form of a discount, I will take the rest of the installation fee out once the bill is ready, no worries." No reason for me not to trust and I had been on the phone for an hour at this point.

Critical mistake - DO NOT DO THIS - I agreed to the online order confirmation that didn't state this full waiver/discount. Later, this becomes a key piece of my "agreement" to paying half of the installation fee.

Once the bill was ready, I noticed there was still a 50% installation fee invoiced. Called a few times, and they say "we don't have a note stating the further discount"; "you have agreed to pay by confirming the order."

I ended up paying $50. It may not be a big number to some, but very unpleasant dealing with this issue.

Oh lastly... if you're ordering Fios for the first time in a residential house, expect some strangers to come in and mess up your lawn. I was alarmed by some strangers digging trenches and burying fiber optics cable. They don't call you, they just dig. I ran into them just when they were leaving. Now, my grass is dead and I have a trip hazard on my yard. They didn't flatten out the ground after digging.

Internet is fine.... but unless you need a gig service.. try elsewhere as well. Luckily for Verizon, their competitions are just as bad with this kind of stuff. The standard is pretty low in this industry.. so I guess you just deal with it.

0 Likes
1 Reply
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bevobuckz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes