Re: Slow DSL connection and drops
Daymarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update: just made a phone call and notice i do indeed have static noises when i call someone

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Given you have Static on your line, get Verizon Voice repair out and have them fix the line. Once Voice Repair repairs the line, the DSL should follow.

Daymarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update: Someone came out here finally and did pretty much what the In home agent did, He went on my computer to check if anything causing my slow internet and ran a modern time and said everything was fine even tho i am still experience slow internet speed on all my computers and xbox360 at which i am at the point where it taking me 10-20 mins to download a 13mb file, and there is still static on the phone whenever we recive a phone call so ithe tech did pretty much nothing to fix my problem.

Another thing is iwe got directtv a day before we switch to verzion interent so may that always be a problem? if so how can i fix it?

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Knowing about the Satellite Receiver may hold some weight. When the service was installed, were any Satellite Receivers hooked into the phone lines (DirecTV requires this for DVRs, as to avoid a $5-15 Surcharge)? If so, do the receivers have DSL filters hooked into the phone jacks they connect to? Having unfiltered devices can and will cause problems, including both static on the line and noise on the DSL.

If the noise continues despite the filters being installed, call up Verizon Voice Repair, NOT DSL repair from a cell phone during a time the static tends to show up the most and have them dispatch a tech.

carguyjosh
Enthusiast - Level 2

not trying to hijack the thread, but I am having simular issues, my 3mb speed is down to less than 1mb when it works at all. when I reboot the modem the speed increases to 3mb but no data is getting in.   here are my transciever specs

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h Vendor ID Code 4D54 Line Mode ADSL_re-adsl Data Path FAST
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 819 683 Margin (dB) 26.6 6.5 Line Attenuation (dB) 49.5 28.4 Transmit Power (dBm) 0.0 11.5

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your line is likely having an issue with noise spikes at times. If you have voice service on your phone line, do you by any chance hear static or other noises on the line that shouldn't be there? Additionally if you have access to a NID, can you plug you rmodem into it and post up the new statistics you obtain?

Symmit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to interupt this thread but it seems to fit my problem also! 

HELP!!!  Im tired of being on the internet and then bingo, In Home Agent pops up to help!!

Transceiver Statistics <Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h Vendor ID Code 4D54 Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt Data Path FAST
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 864 Margin (dB) 21.9 15.0 Line Attenuation (dB) 7.0 3.0 Transmit Power (dBm) 3.9 11.9

0 Likes
mbadger

I apologize for being yet another to chime in on the thread, but I have recently (last 4-6 months) been experiencing just unacceptable DSL speeds. I don't have the top line service, but I am supposed to get 1.5 - 3.0 Mbps downstream. I ran the broadband test just to see what my ballpark downstream rate is. It showed as .131 Mbps. Upstream was actually faster at .76 Mbps. I have filters on all the phone lines (other than the DSL, obviously), but I suspect the culprit is my cable modem. Unlike most of the folks I've seen posting, my Westell modem is a WireSpeed 2200 (Model: b90-210015-04).

At first, I thought it was my not-quite-as-old Apple Airport Extreme. I replaced that with a brand spanking new one, but to no effect.

I have been a DSL customer of Verizon's for years, which explains the age of the hardware. Even though I upgraded my service a while ago, new hardware was not offered to me. Any next steps to recommend?

Thanks.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mbadger wrote:

I apologize for being yet another to chime in on the thread, but I have recently (last 4-6 months) been experiencing just unacceptable DSL speeds. I don't have the top line service, but I am supposed to get 1.5 - 3.0 Mbps downstream. I ran the broadband test just to see what my ballpark downstream rate is. It showed as .131 Mbps. Upstream was actually faster at .76 Mbps. I have filters on all the phone lines (other than the DSL, obviously), but I suspect the culprit is my cable modem. Unlike most of the folks I've seen posting, my Westell modem is a WireSpeed 2200 (Model: b90-210015-04).

At first, I thought it was my not-quite-as-old Apple Airport Extreme. I replaced that with a brand spanking new one, but to no effect.

I have been a DSL customer of Verizon's for years, which explains the age of the hardware. Even though I upgraded my service a while ago, new hardware was not offered to me. Any next steps to recommend?

Thanks.

Please answer as many questions as you can.

#1 What is your OS and Verision? For example Windows XP Home SP3.

#2 Do you have a switch or hub that is not part of a router?

#3 Do you have a computer with two NICs?

#4 Do you know how to setup a Static IP?

For example if I gave to you, these settings:

IP: 192.168.1.5

Subnet: 255.255.555.0

Do you know how to make your OS and Version of your computer, use those settings?

Daymarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update: Another tech came out here and there was indeed a problem with the line ( The wire was somehow broken) and he fixed and there is no static on the phones no more BUT i am still expereince slow speed on both my computers and xbox360? seriously what am i missing?

Btw i also have the verzion westell 7500 router in bridge mode which is connected to a WRT54GS2 Linksys router if that helps for more info needed.

WRT54GS2