Re: Stop throttling streaming video!
jonjones1
Legend

@Gronk wrote:

I feel I’m already paying more than I should to keep you from throttling my service. Just because you can do this it doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. I will find another internet service if you persist in these unfair practices. This is total **bleep**, and I for one am sick of it, and will encourage others to follow suit.

There is no evidence that supports Verizon is throttling your service. Your slow speeds can be your own devices, the nic cards in the devices, the congestion on the net. And simple antivirus software or a misconfigured computer.

0 Likes
Lady_Blah-blah

It's true that more people are streaming video, watching Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc.  But they're also paying more to Verizon. (I am, anyway.) So why isn't Verizon buying more bandwidth so we can watch Mrs. Maisel without a dozen extremely annoying pauses?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Verizon is the backbone provider. They do not purchase more “bandwidth”

like I said congestion and other device factors are the primary cause of the burps.

some content provider like Netflix and Directtvnow also have issues along the way to your devices.

0 Likes
moaltan

YES, Verizon FIOS throttles data at night time. Been documenting this for a few weeks now. At 20:00 hours as if someone is turning off a switch, our gigabit internet, which works fine all day with four of us using it for WFH and Online Schooling, suddenly becomes unavailable in the extension connected devices and slows down on directly router connected ones. Wasted over an hour with a bot and then an agent who kept telling me to restart the router. Even after an hour of me asking direct questions about the issue at hand; internet slowing way down and becoming intermittent even if you are connected to the router, and then turning back to normal again after midnight on its own and then all day along, so throttling, Divya, the agent kept telling me to restart the router. Only, the router was already restarted twice; once manually by me and then remotely by the bot at the start of our 67 minutes chat, but the agent kept telling me to restart again. S/he kept reading from a script where my guess is they are told to keep us busy until we give up. Did not even suggest sending a technician since they know very well about the throttling issue. Verizon Fios should not be able to charge $90+ for a gigabit internet that does not work on evenings. Also they should pay for all the inconvenience and stress they are causing. I will be looking into this since the blatant lying to my face after an hour wasting on their chat, since the only other alternative is messenger, and not even pretending to solve anything or offer a solution for having the same problem over and over every night like clock work, had its toll. Verizon, you have the worst customer service. Bravo!

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes