Support Just Hung Up On Me After Waiting On Hold
ScottFromPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a paying customer who simply wants to understand why websites hosted at Host Gator are getting blocked.

So I call support go through the painful robot automation and get fed up and click "0" on the phone.... The system tells me its going to shoot  me to a human.  Awesome I'm going to get some help....

Back on hold I go.....

Then after 2 minutes the system hangs up on me.

Verizon - Super High tech, tons of coverage,  Fast internet.  The best thing since sliced bread right?

WRONG!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Support Just Hung Up On Me After Waiting For Five Minutes
jerro1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here, many FiOS problems since day 1.. Thinking of paying the ETF and going back to cable... Cable was really bad service but FiOS is worse in reliability and customer service Dont switch if you havent yet.

0 Likes
ScottFromPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Strike Two!!

I just called the support number at 1-800-837-4966 and received a busy signal.

Look, I understand its diffilcult to keep a network up and runnign.  I'm sure its like spinning plates on sticks. See link below.

But why would you let your call center do this?  You spend millions on marketing why not take that money and dump it into the call center????

I fell like I'm talking to a brick wall....

From a defeated customer in PA... 

0 Likes
ScottFromPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME

I was on the phone with a human at the call center after attemp #3.  I'm feeling great because I'm talking with a human.   I conveyed the problem and the support guy says, "Ok, what I'm going to do is......... And the phone disconnets and responds with a busy signal.

Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

0 Likes
Re: Support Just Hung Up On Me After Waiting For Five Minutes - Host Gator Websites Are Down
ScottFromPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to resolve now via online chat.  Response is very fast so far...  It could be a computer I'm not sure yet...

Ok... for those using Host Gator  read below...

Verizon has confirmed reports about an outage with Hostgator server and our engineers are already working on it, it would be resolved at the earliest. Hence, would request you to wait for Verizon to get this sorted out. We appreciate your patience with us." Would you like to receive a test message on your cell phone regarding restoral. May I know you cell phone number ?

The online chat was fast to the point and no B.S. 

This is very unusual for online chat.  So the lesson learned here is go there first.  Forget the live phone support.

The person behind the chat was not a computer as far as I can tell.

Host Gator Websites Are Down - Problem Fixed
ScottFromPA
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem was isolated by the techs and fixed  at 11pm 10/8/13