Re: Told directly by MCO to have sales provision to line to 7MEG. How do my numbers look?
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
What you should do is start a new topic first and go from there. I'm a new here to, but I have learned allot from other community members. You probably gonna be ask for your Transceiver statics. You type 192.168.1.1 in your browser. Then you will be
Prompted for a username and password it's usually. Admin= admin and password= password. Go to utilities and select wan status. Copy and past them to the new topic with explanation of your issue. There are few other test you can do to help. I'm sure someone will get You going in the right direction. Every time I have posted I always got help.... Good luck

I'll try to help if I can..
Re: Told directly by MCO to have sales provision to line to 7MEG. How do my numbers look?
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1

An update on my speed. Around December 5th I started to slow down to a 1meg from 4-11pm every night!!!! I had this issue before so I thought it was gonne be an easy fix but I was wrong. It was escalated and escalated. Then finally I got a call back from VZ employee and his professional opinion was that my remote hut was congested and there was nothing I or they could do right now. I called in every night prior and explained my issue everyone did there best to help and try to get my up and going again, but everyone checked for congestion at the CO and they all said all clear. IM sure the two are totally different test. However as a last ditch effort I called one last time. And I got a local CSR who tried resolve my issue. She said my areas is now showing 3.1-7megs available. I couldn't believe they upgrade my equipment I was attach to. It did make since because I never seen some many VZ  bucket trucks in the area over the last few months. She told me she couldn't guarantee anything. Lets give it a shot I said. Next thing now I get an email with the new order updates. The next day my modem resets. I log into the gateway and I see sync of 7880 down and 864 up. I instantly ran a speed test and got 6.15-7meg downloads. And .75 uploads.......

I also got a two phone calls one to confirm my provisioning was completed, and one the next day to say the line they were ran and there was no issue found.  It also said something like my line was capable of handling my new speed ( I saved both voice mail/emails I received) my speed is still slower at night but instead of .75-1.25 megs 3.75-5.50 megs a 100 times better for us.  I can deal with that. So thank you everyone out there for your help. You have made me a very happy Verizon customerSmiley Happy

0 Likes
My Verizon DSL upgrade to 3MB/s
Adam8181

according to Verizon experts, billing dept, my DSL is 3MB/s.

Nothing has change, really.

Told rep that in summer roadwork cut the cable digging and since repair my internet never got even close to normal speed.

But I was told not to worry because as soon as I upgrade to higher speed level I will be flying high.

Highest speed I got today was almost as good as on the pic. below 0.87/0.7
10 years ago I chose Verizon as my provider, guess it's time for change.

Anyone has similar problem with listenning, Verizon, ear?

0 Likes
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
Ageeme, start a new topic. Try to get your transceiver statics in your new post. Type 192.168.1.1. You will get a window prompt for Admin and Password. Type in admin= admin password= password. Go to the status bar, then select wan status. Copy and paste them
Into your post. This will help. There are plenty of people Who can help you out. This is an old thread so you need to start a new one so your issue can get some exposure. If you can't get into your modems gateway. Don't worry because someone with more experience can help you out. I'll help if I can...
0 Likes
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
To answer your question about the customer service. It can be an awful experience with half your day wasted on the phone with no end results. I'm sure someone her can get you going in the right direction. Stay patient if you can. Good luck
0 Likes
Adam8181

Thank you for helpfull hand.

My problem has been resolved, just got new modem, I had old Westell 2200 modem.

0 Likes