Re: Trying to bridge / repeater of 2 Quantum G1100 routers.
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@pizzaman2 wrote:

UPDATE:

All wifi devices seem to be working while both routers are running but I still dont know if the repeater G1100 is actually working as intended?? It is showing my devices but its saying there are connected by coax. I know it cant be but still its messing with my head. On another good note It seems the 192.168.1.2 has corrected itself and is no longer set to the STB as it was oringnally listed. Is there a way to test a device that the repeater G1100 is picking up? 

Thx

The reason it is showing devices are connected via coax is because the repeater G1100 is fed from coax. All devices that are connected to it wired or wireless will show as a coax connection. 

pizzaman2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Motorolla Boxes. But the IP reasigned itself. All seems to be working good but the App is not helping me because seeing that both routers have the same name so I cant really tell if the app is seeing the main router or the repeater.

many thanks

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Best way to check is to connect a laptop via an ethernet cable to the repeater. If you route then you are good. 

nj-jack

I realize this is an old posting.  

For others doing similar, a way to check if the remote router’s WiFi is working.   Turn off the main routers 2.4 and 5 ghz signals via the settings menu.   The only WiFi in your location with the same SSID should be from the remote router. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes