Verizon DSL speed/latency lower than a month ago
krisk2
Enthusiast - Level 1
A little over a month ago I upgraded to the faster Verizon DSL with "speeds up to 3mbps." I wasn't expecting 3mbps and was content with the speeds I was getting, which were pretty much twice as fast as what I had before. My Westell 7500 modem gateway reported a speed/latency of around 1780/768 kbps, up/down respectfully. Recently however my download speeds have dropped and the gateway page is showing 1501/445 kbps. I have run Verizon's troubleshoot and reset the modem a few times, but it still remains at 1501. I have tried to reach customer support, but they either just ignore my email, waste my times in chats until they escalate it and then ignore it, provide me with useless information like their security/antivirus suite, or just don't answer their phone. I want to know how I can get my speed back up to what it was a week ago. Would this be considered throttling? I have done every diagnostic at various times of day that I can on my end and it seems clear that this is the ISP capping my service to the bare minimum that my plan states. Shouldn't I expect the service I was receiving when I first signed on a month ago? Otherwise, isn't that a bait-and-switch tactic? I read somewhere here that they run some sort of "optimization" at DSLAM that might lower speeds for a stabler connection. I have not had any problems with the connection being dropped or anything of that manner and the speed it was running had no hiccups. Is there a way I can get that optimization removed?
Re: Verizon DSL speed/latency lower than a month ago
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your  Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes