Verizon Live Chat - deceptive download speed commitment
BoardSailor
Enthusiast - Level 3

For weeks, I had been getting e-mail messages from Verizon asserting that I could cut $27/month from cost of my phone and DSL package by merely signing up for their "double play package."   I was uncertain what download speed was guarrantee under my old package, but the $86.99 "double play bundle" and was getting  6 MPS download speed on a regular basis.  The new package guarranteed only 3 MPS download.

When I inquired whether or not the new lower cost package would result in a slower download speed, the response was , "I am glad to inform you both the bundles are the same services and you are getting the same services that you currently have for $27/month less."  Doubting that Verizon would really give me that same service for less, I wrote:. "Currently my Internet Speed typically clocks in at 5 or more Mbps. Are you sure I'll get the same service?  ...the Verizon response ... "Yes, absolutely sure! Please be rest assured."

Immediately after completing the chat session, I checked my download speed.. 6 Mbps.   Two days later, after receiving notice that my new money saving plan had been activated, my download speed dropped to less than 3 Mbps, and it has been there ever since. 

Can anyone clue me in to Verizon's purpose for all the changes?  Do they want me to come back and pay more money than my old contract to get back my 6 Mbps speed?  Assuming my old package promised 6 Mbps, are they just seeking to get away from promisng to deliver that 6 Mbps speed to my house?   Is there a way to get Verizon to deliver on the chat representative's promise that "both bundles are the same services."

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Live Chat - deceptive download speed commitment
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes