Re: Verizon Modem/Router
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dale001 wrote:

Thanks.

And just so I was clear, I no longer am using the westell 6100, now that the westell 7500 is working and enabling me to use the net.

Ok, let us try that again.

#1 Please do step 1 and 2, listed above.

#2 Is the Default Gateway on your computer the same as the LAN IP of the Westell 7500?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Modem/Router blocking port 465 and 587
allan001

I battled for 3 years between Verizon and Comcast as to who was blocking ports 465 and 587 between the two.   I finally discovered that the Verizon Westell 6100 modem/router is doing the blocking. I paid Verizon expert services to configure the router to unblock ports 465 and 587.

If you're comfortable with the router, you can configure port forwarding (normally thought of as opening connections to ports on your PC) with dynamic port forwarding to ports 465 and 587 with a new forwarding profile.    If not, call Verizon and get the expert services package for a 30 minute one-shot of $39.99 and they can configure your router.

the initial and longstanding problem was I was using the comcast mail server, smtp.comcast.net port 465 for outgoing mail and mail.comcast.net port 110 for incoming mail.  I could read the mail in Outlook (or Outlook Express), but I could not send mail.   It worked with a comcast connection.  Never worked on my Verizon DSL connection.   Verizon kept saying they weren't blocking any ports other than port 25.    Well, their supplied router was.  

0 Likes