Re: Verizon Spam Detector
bnc21
Enthusiast - Level 2
Add my name to the list of disgruntled Verizon email users. I have been using the same Verizon email addy and alert setup at corporations like Wachovia and Caremark for years. In the past few months, both of these companies have flagged my Verizon email addy as invalid on multiple occasions. Sometimes their email alerts get through ..sometimes they dont. I have reported this to verizon.net/whitelist. Lets see if anything changes . If not , I can always switch to Comcast
0 Likes
hfdzl
Put me on the list also. I have a news letter that I recieve. I share this with a few - 4 - like minded freinds. Spam blocker knocks it out. I can't even send the attachment to spamblocker for review. I will wait a while and try again, I like Verizon for the DSL service- but will drop them if I have to.
0 Likes
sheelagh

I'm a comcast customer, and my emails to verizon customers are all disappearing! I get no error messages! I only realised recently that friends aren't replying to me!

I guess I've been flagged as a spammer.

Anyone know how to get off the list?? 

0 Likes
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2

bnc21 or anyone--

what's the full email address of  verizon.net/whitelist ?  I'm getting blockages of entires domains. The "blocked sender" and "allowed sender" tabs seem to have disappeared from our account profile with the new site interface.

0 Likes
bnc21
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks. I'm writing this several weks later, and that service didn't help.
0 Likes
corbeze

-----

How does Verizon determine whether my E-mail is SPAM?
Verizon uses a third party vendor to scan email messages for spam. Their systems use a combination of proprietary anti-spam techniques and spam complaints sent from users across the Internet to create spam filters. The false positive rate is very low.

Should you feel an email message was caught in error, please forward the suspected email message as an attachment to: spamdetector.update@verizon.net .

You can also fill out this form http://www2.verizon.net/micro/whitelist/request_form.asp?id=member

If this fails, call technical support and ask for a Tier II.

1-800-567-6789

----

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Ok, to clear up a few things from this thread:

The email address to send legitimate messages to that were blocked in error is spamdetector.update@verizon.net - They will be reviewed and you will NOT hear back from anyone.

The whitelist form is ONLY for mail that is being blocked coming into Verizon from a 3rd party, not outgoing. You will know when to use the whitelist form because it is specifically referenced in the bounceback message the sender gets back.

Some troubleshooting steps you can try:

If you have a signature, try removing one line at a time from it and attempting to send the message again. Some signatures look like "ads" to the filters, apparently.

If you are using a pop3 client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) try sending your message from the verizon.net website. If this resolves the issue, then it is something that your client is adding to the message that is causing it to be blocked.

If the Subject line of your message has a whole bunch of "Fwd: Fwd: Re: Fwd:" try removing some of them.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Poertner

Add one more VERY unhappy user.

Whoo in the world designs these outgoing spam filters.

I have also spent 3 hours on the phone, being transferred from one department to the other with no result.

I suddenly cannot send out e-mials to a group of e-mail recipients that contain a word 2003 attchement file, same people I have been communicating with for years ona daily basis.

I can sent out Word 2007 and PDF files, what in the world is going on?

Serious hoem office business interuption. Someone needs to get this staright, anyone any solutions to this?

Thank  you

Rainer

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Poertner wrote:

Someone needs to get this staright, anyone any solutions to this?

Possible solutions are listed above. In your case, it sounds like your options are:

1. Send an email with the attachment to spamdetector.update@verizon.net - Do this regardless of whether you do any other steps. This helps get the filters updated.

2. If you are sending through a client, try sending it from Verizon's webmail.

3. Check the content of the attachment. Is this any word 2003 doc or only ones with certain content? Try sending a word 2003 doc that only has the word test in it and has a plain title like "testpage" or something similar. If that one goes through, it's something contained in your message.

4. Send it as a Word 2007 doc. If it works this way, no reason not to send it in that format.

0 Likes