Verizon overcharging me by not pro-rating the agreed upon discount
TomCarman88

I just switched from a plan that was 49.99/mo for 50/50 internet to a 100/100 plan for 39.99/mo (which is a great deal and I am very happy about it!). Since the 39.99 deal is an offer for new customers, I spoke with the agent about cancelling my plan and opening up a new one under my partners name so it would technically be a new customer.  Instead, he was able to give me the upgrade under the current account by simply adding a monthly discount that brought the price down to 39.99! 

This would all have been amazing, except that my first bill came and apparently the monthly discount does not apply for this first month? Instead, I am paying the full 64.99/mo rate for the 25 days I had the upgraded service (something that the agent did NOT say would happen). I called in to explain the situation, explained that the agent did not say that this would be the case, and they said there is nothing they can do about it. Instead, they keep trying to make me feel like I am being selfish for wanting the price we agreed on (the agent actually told me it was like upgrading a Honda to a Porsche so I shouldn't be upset about having to pay a little extra). I know it's a small amount (difference of about 17$) but it's just a really bad business practice and I can't believe they were unwilling to do anything about it. Thoughts? How can they charge me for something I didn't agree to?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon overcharging me by not pro-rating the agreed upon discount
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi TomCarman88,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes