Website "blocked" at certain times of day.
GregJenna

I have one particular website which is blocking my IP...at certain times of day. Specifically, 8 to 8:30pm until...when it feels like unblocking, which has been 10pm or...well...who knows, it's up the next morning.

I can't leave my router disconnected for eight hours because we aren't all on the same sleep schedule and I work from home, so there's no practical way to do this to force an IP change. Is there another way I can do it?

Or another explanation...it seems weird it's being blocked only at certain times of day.

(Yes, I have rebooted my router, and done all the troubleshooting I can. No device connected through FiOS can connect. My phone can connect over the cell network. I can connect to the site through a proxy. It's definitely randomly not liking my IP for periods of time).

0 Likes
1 Reply
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are any other devices in your home, to your knowledge, accessing this website or running any sort of web proxy? If a site is actually blocking you, that would suggest an issue where the site thinks your traffic is abusive. Is there any indication of a block, such as a 403 Forbidden message or is it just timing out?

0 Likes