internet light on modem off
Drew641
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just finished hooking up new actionet GT784WNV modem. Had to set it up in bridge mode with my apple router. I am able to get online and surf,check e mails etc but i cant access the modems web page. I see the green internet light is out . I can access internet from my wireless clients as well so appears to be connecting. Why cant i get to modem web page to set other settings. tried rebooting both modem and router and plugging ethernet cable into different jack. 

0 Likes
Re: internet light on modem off
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you bridge the gateway, you essentially disable many of the functions of the gateway itself turning it into a "dumb" modem. From the sounds of things, you properly bridged it.

If you do need to access the ActionTec's Web interfaces, you will need to give your computer a static IP temporarily. I suggest setting the IP address of 192.168.1.2 with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. DNS servers or a Default Gateway are not required since in bridge mode, you won't be getting to the Internet without some extra work. When you're done, simply set your computer back to DHCP / Automatic mode.

0 Likes
Drew641
Enthusiast - Level 2
Where am I changing that IP address in the router set up or in the network settings of computer? Also if I make any changes on the modem settings would they stick or since in bridge mode it won't matter. Walk me through this. Don't want to be with out internet at all. Using a windows 7 PC with an AirPort Extreme router. The apple router doesent have it's own web page set up just a utility program that runs.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

DUP detected.

See your other post at

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29369999-bridge-mode-and-modems-web-page

If I am mistaken that this is a DUP, see the replies to that post - including mine.

0 Likes