still being charged Router Rental fee even tho i own my own.
waterbear
Enthusiast - Level 2

how many other people are being charged this fee when they own their own router? i have spoke to customer service for month to get this fixed and they just trying to give me the run around. i have see alot of other customers complain about this problem

0 Likes
Reply
8 Replies
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi waterbear,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Reply
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep in mind that items like equipment prices and fees are not regulated by your local PSC. So they may not even pass it along to Verizon.

Typically only the service itself is what is under PSC regulation.

And if there is competition in your area for cable services, their regulatory powers can be reduced. Even if you do not have access to other services.

0 Likes
Reply
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

Keep in mind that items like equipment prices and fees are not regulated by your local PSC. So they may not even pass it along to Verizon.

Typically only the service itself is what is under PSC regulation.

And if there is competition in your area for cable services, their regulatory powers can be reduced. Even if you do not have access to other services.


The NYS Cable Commission was merged with the NYS Consumer Protection Board.

two separate things.

the Department of Public Service was tasked to regulate Telephone (Verizon and others), Utilities like Gas & Electric (varies by region in NY state) and a few other companies.

although primarily copper, they do have some say in fiber optics. However this is not actually an equipment issue, it is a consumer trying to get verizon from taking his money when the router is not theirs. 

0 Likes
Reply
waterbear
Enthusiast - Level 2

thx for all the info. you've been very informative. we don't want Verizon becoming Time Warner (Spectrum) where they can do whatever they want because they're the only business. they already have a privacy tab that you have to turn off yourself without Verizon letting you know it's on when you sign up. it's not easy to find either

0 Likes
Reply
waterbear
Enthusiast - Level 2

when i call tomorrow and find out the whole PSC situation i'll update the post to let everyone know it worked. i've been trying to find a solution for months now and see alot of other customer are having the same problem. this is too simple of problem that i want to make sure i let everyone know this is the final solution

0 Likes
Reply
jonjones1
Legend

@waterbear wrote:

when i call tomorrow and find out the whole PSC situation i'll update the post to let everyone know it worked. i've been trying to find a solution for months now and see alot of other customer are having the same problem. this is too simple of problem that i want to make sure i let everyone know this is the final solution


Remember you are calling the PSC about money being taken from you. 
the catalyst is the router being charged for when it belongs to you. Fraudulent billing and no redress. (Service charges for equipment) They will take it.

give them a phone number that can be answered quickly. Verizon will contact you.

0 Likes
Reply
waterbear
Enthusiast - Level 2

thx alot. i'll get on that tomorrow morning

0 Likes
Reply
jonjones1
Legend

@waterbear wrote:

how many other people are being charged this fee when they own their own router? i have spoke to customer service for month to get this fixed and they just trying to give me the run around. i have see alot of other customers complain about this problem


Contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission and explain what has happened. They will get you in touch with executive escalations.

and yes loads of complaints here and thought other sites regarding this issue.

0 Likes
Reply