upload speed slow along with browsing speed
puwk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I got the G3100 a while back ( the one with the red check) along with an extender and the best plan. When we had first set it up and everything the upload and download was 900+ with around 11 ms in latency.

Recently the upload speed has been around 149ish and the download is around 540ish, the latency is like 15-17, this has also caused the browsing speed to be much slower than before (sites take a while to load things like that). All of this has randomly happened with nothing hinting at the reasoning prior.

I am on lan on a gaming PC running Windows 10. I am aware of the issues with Fios Internet and Intel network cards. I have already disabled IPv6 and the (SON) feature, which has not changed my situation.

I'm just asking for some help and clarity on how to solve this issue because so far this has not gotten better.

Just to add: I have already disabled the TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6) but the issue continues 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disabling IPv6 won't help because IPv6 isn't the issue. Intel TCP/UDP checksum offload is. Not only you need to disable TCP checksum, also the UDP checksum. Google uses QUIC over UDP, so Youtube would load slowly for you, if I predict.

SON probably isn't the culprit either. Modern devices are smart enough to choose their radios. Even with dated wireless devices, there is an IoT network you could enable, rendering disabling SON not advisable at all.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disabling IPv6 won't help because IPv6 isn't the issue. Intel TCP/UDP checksum offload is. Not only you need to disable TCP checksum, also the UDP checksum. Google uses QUIC over UDP, so Youtube would load slowly for you, if I predict.

SON probably isn't the culprit either. Modern devices are smart enough to choose their radios. Even with dated wireless devices, there is an IoT network you could enable, rendering disabling SON not advisable at all.