Re: AFTER MARKET DIGITAL CONVERTER BOX, wILL IT WORK???
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader
As mentioned multiple times (see here for latest post: http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_TV&message.id=7014#M7014) there are no Verizon cable boxes available for sale that are not stolen. Verizon will not activate a box you have not rented from them. If the law really does require the cable companies to let us use our own eqpt, then home come more people aren't doing it. I only know that you can use a device that requires a cable card to get the appropriate channels. And you still have to rent those.
0 Likes
Re: AFTER MARKET DIGITAL CONVERTER BOX, wILL IT WORK???
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@lrmill wrote:
Will aftermarket Motorola 7200, 6200, 7100, etc... boxes work, since the law says you can use your own devices, not have to rent them from the cable people??    I have Verizon Fios to the house and copper throughout. I have the Extreme Package.

There are no "aftermarket" Motorola boxes.  At least not legally.  Any that are sold on EBay are stolen and would require Verizon to activate - which they won't without charging you the monthly fee.

The only devices available are things like TIVO which take cable cards and you have to rent them from Verizon in order to receive anything other than the clear QAM channels (in addition to the TIVO subscription cost).

EDIT - Sorry for the duplicate to the answer above, didn't go to the next page and see that it was already answered.

Message Edited by Keyboards on 02-05-2009 01:09 PM
0 Likes