Bad Aliasing/Field Swapped on some channels
Lucid123
Enthusiast - Level 2

The image in the following link explains exactly what I'm seeing. Someone, somewhere, either at Verizon or somewhere along the way is causing these channels to have interlaced lines out of place: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29304099-Bad-aliasing-sharpening-certain-channels

0 Likes
Re: Bad Aliasing/Field Swapped on some channels
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Which cable equipment do you have?  Do you have QIP boxes or the new VMS (Quantum TV) boxes?

~Eva

0 Likes
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad someone else noticed (but hard not to) I have the same problem , and its been going on for sometime now (3-4 months) .

Usually the problem is on most if not all the Discovery Communications programing (which is quite a few channels) 

The worst of the channels for me are the ones below , where the problem is almost 100% of the time .

Discovery 

BBCA

SCI

Animal Planet

Destinaltion America

TLC - 50%

Pivot - 50%

What ever is the cause , or change to  this programming  its unbearable to watch .  Pretty much looks like a bad 720p program , but with half the video resolution lines missing with terrible Anti-Aliasing  (best way I can describe it)  . I get eye strain just trying to focus on the picture and cant not watch any of the channels with this video problem . The larger the tv the worse it is  , and on a 60"+ tv its pure  eye strain with a quick  headache right behind it  .

Again ,  for me this  problem seems to be only on certain Discovery Comm channels as no (most) other channels are not affected  on my Ultimate package ; so I know  the cause is NOT the hardware on my end . 

Iam going to look into this some more , but after being with FIOS for about 10 years I expect better PQ from this company .

0 Likes
Lucid123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the delayed reply. For some reason I didn't get a notification email until now. I have one of the older boxes with QIP in the model#; however, I have the box set to output "Native" using the "Power" -> "Select" -> "Menu" menu so the box is not doing any format conversion.

0 Likes