Billing Issue
VerizonHelpME2

I called and spoke to an online rep regarding a battery replacement due an alarm going off. The instructions provided by online support and phone support were not helpful. My box doesn’t have a diagram or instructions on the verizon site so my only option was for tech support to come out and they told me if someone were to come up and the equipment and the equipment was working properly, i would be charged a fee.

From my understanding this is criminal was there was no proper documentation for me to do the work myself and I wasn’t even told if the equipment was faulty or not.

Keep in mind, I have been with verizon for a very short period of time and my experience has not been very good. Day one, when the equipment was installed, i had a fault cable box now, i am trying to get swindled out of $91 due to lack of instructions and I say swindled because if there is no instructions, my only option is to have a tech come out.

I tried to resolve the issue via phone, i spoke to 5 different people including a supervisor({edited for privacy}) he was was short, even tried to hang up the phone with me as I was speaking by saying “thank you for calling verizon” and I had to shout over him to say I was not done talking.

This what you get for being with verizon for less than 90 days, random fees, poor customer service, and poor equipment? Even the supervisor are not well versed in verbal communication, what the hell is going on with this company.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Issue
pac11

Got a camera?  Take a video with audio of the failing unit.  (beeep beeep...)

Email it to their tech support with a request that they send someone by with a new battery.

Keep the video in case they dispute whether its' broken or not.

(mine beeps too.  Called them.  They wanted $43 for a new one.

Found this by googling verizon battery:

"One last thing: there have been reports of the BBU beeping that the battery needed replacement when it really didn't. So before I went to the expense and trouble of getting a new battery, I would unplug the BBU from the wall outlet, remove the battery connectors, wait a couple of minutes, then reverse the procedure and see if the BBU starts beeping again. It could just be that things needed to be reset."
Batteries are easy to get out.  just read the case and follow instructions.
It's big, but its' just a battery.

0 Likes
pac11

Just pulled my battery out for a half hour.  Checked with Multimeter: 13.26 volts.  So I put it back in and the Replace Battery light went out.  We'll see if that lasts. and will report back if it comes back on later. Meanwhile I'm taking bets!  😉

0 Likes
pac11

When you reconnect your battery, remember that the red terminal gets the red connection.

0 Likes
VerizonHelpME2

I appreciate you trying to help but the battery issue is already taken care of by them. The problem is they are trying to charge me $91 for something that I could not do myself(lack of documentation for my unit). I just got the service and this thing goes off less than 2 months with verizon and they try to pull this, it's ridiculous.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How did the take care of it?

As for instructions, a quick google search would give plenty of instructions.

Or go to support on Verizon website. They have instructions as well.

I thought (and it has been a while since I last saw details) that you got a 1 year warranty on the battery.

Not sure if that includes installation though.

I agree that as a new user, some issues should be covered.

But after a year, it is all on you.

If you can't physically replace it, maybe a friend or family member could assist if/when the time comes.

0 Likes