Can I switch set top boxes between rooms?
Pittnh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to move the media manager STB downstairs and move the downstairs HD STB box upstairs.  Are the STB plug and play?  Is there any special configuration I would need to do after I move them>

0 Likes
4 Replies
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you can move boxes between rooms, and the only thing you worry about is the wiring,   as long as its wired properly it will work, no special calls to verizon needed...  

pretty much plug and play once they have been activated.   sounds like yours have been active for a while

Pittnh
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, active about a year, just want the Media Manager downstairs now, tired of going up the steps all the time to set the DVR!

prisaz
Legend

@Pittnh wrote:

yes, active about a year, just want the Media Manager downstairs now, tired of going up the steps all the time to set the DVR!

Just to let you know, I believe the 1.9 release notes say that at some time in the future you will be able to set the DVR from any STB in the house. Something to look forward to convenience wise. I believe we should see this early next year. How early is a guess. In case you have not read the information regarding what is on the way, here is a link.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/FiOS-TV-IMG-1-9-Release-Notes-and-Opportunity-to-Get-a-...

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

yeah, they can be swapped all you want. should not have any issues doing so.