Can suspended Fios TV be re-activated when non-Verizon router is in use?
Jim5211

Does use of a non-Verizon router prevent re-activation of Fios TV following a period of suspension?

0 Likes
1 Solution
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Jim521 wrote:

Thank you for your prompt reply.

If I understand correctly, re-activation following a temporary suspension of Fios TV cannot be done without a Verizon router even if the service was originally activated via a Verizon router.

If the boxes were de-activated, they need a Fios router to be re-activated. Give it a shot and see what happens, but if the boxes won't activate, you need a Verizon router to do it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Jim521 wrote:

Does use of a non-Verizon router prevent re-activation of Fios TV following a period of suspension?

You need a Verizon router in order to activate the Fios boxes. Once activated, you can switch to the other router.

Jim5211

If I understand correctly, re-activation following a temporary suspension of Fios TV cannot be done without a Verizon router even if the service was originally activated via a Verizon router.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Jim521 wrote:

If the boxes were de-activated, they need a Fios router to be re-activated. Give it a shot and see what happens, but if the boxes won't activate, you need a Verizon router to do it.