Re: Channel 239
JettaJim

This is the same nonsense I had to deal with when we had Cox Cable.  I got the short lived satisfaction of telling them they could pick up their box themselves as it was sitting out at the curb.  Short lived as in they told me I would have to pay for it.  Well, at least I got to slam it down on their service counter.

I switched to FIOS from Direct TV and it is the worst decision I have made in a long time.  The installation was a nightmare.  They installed 100' of cable from the external box to the other end of the house so that they could connect to the existing Direct TV cable (duh) and then set up the DVR on top of my B&O Turntable (evidentially the installer had never seen a record player???).  I even had one installer lie about having replaced my box.  I still get pixillation and audio distortion, but Verizon told me they would have to charge me for a service call if they came out to fix it!

As for the loss of Hallmark Movie Channel 239, well, it's really just "Murder She Wrote" that my wife and I will miss.  Sure, we've seen them all, but they have a lot more class than most of what passes for entertainment today.

It's a good thing you can order the downloads on Netflix!

0 Likes