Channel Up/Down Button goes to random channels
SethBykofsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had new Fios One STBs installed with voice remote.

Everything seems to be working fine except the channel up/down button. When pressed, either up or down, it goes to random channels, rather than consecutive channels, without rhyme or reason.

For example, if I am on 502 and press channel up, TV switches to 687, or some other random channel.

Went into Set Up, trying everything from pairing remote to auto set up to manual set up. Everything appears to be where it should be, but no dice on the channel up/down button.

Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@SethBykofsky wrote:

Had new Fios One STBs installed with voice remote.

Everything seems to be working fine except the channel up/down button. When pressed, either up or down, it goes to random channels, rather than consecutive channels, without rhyme or reason.

For example, if I am on 502 and press channel up, TV switches to 687, or some other random channel.

Went into Set Up, trying everything from pairing remote to auto set up to manual set up. Everything appears to be where it should be, but no dice on the channel up/down button.

Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

Could be a bad remote. Unless you are looking at favorites, there is no reason for the remote to behave like that. Does it only scan favorite channels?

SethBykofsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I called Verizon Technical Support. They fixed issue remotely. No idea what the cause was.

When I asked if there is anything I could do on my end should this happen again, he said, “try unplugging the STB and plugging it in again.” 

The old standby. LOL

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@SethBykofsky wrote:

Thank you. I called Verizon Technical Support. They fixed issue remotely. No idea what the cause was.

When I asked if there is anything I could do on my end should this happen again, he said, “try unplugging the STB and plugging it in again.” 

The old standby. LOL

That is usually the FIRST thing anybody should do if you have unexplained issues. It is so common, half of the time I forget to suggest it anymore. Sorry, could have saved you some time on hold waiting for support!