Control Volume on an AV Receiver with the Verizon P265 remote
ZeusUofM

Hi,

Is there a way to program the Verizon P265 Remote to control the volume on a AV Receiver. Previous versions of the Verizon remote were able to do this but I can't find a way to do it on the new one.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Control Volume on an AV Receiver with the Verizon P265 remote
Hubrisnxs
Legend

unfortunately not. It's a TV and Cable box only remote control. 

You can still buy a 4 button universal from verizon for 7 dollars plus shipping.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

unfortunately not. It's a TV and Cable box only remote control. 

You can still buy a 4 button universal from verizon for 7 dollars plus shipping.

0 Likes
DanBailiff1

You can no longer buy the 4 button remote. Verizon no longer carries them.

This is terrible, Verizon. Take away a feature the people NEED. I may have to buy a universal remote because of this. Ugh.

0 Likes
yankees368

here is the 4 device remote, it must be a newer one:

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayDetails

0 Likes
Lunchbox839

I agree Dan. This is silly. Why downgrade to a 2 device remote with no work around to allow control of the volume through the receiver? Especially when AV receivers are so common.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

It was said that the older 4 button remote once configured for the TV and STB would power off and on both devices with a single power button, and they would become out of sync. The resolution was to program the remote so you had to hit TV then power, and then STB and power to control them separately from a single power button. The new two button remotes come with separate power buttons, but less functionality. The power buttons take the place of the device buttons. You can try to order the 4 button remote, but I am not sure about availability, even though they are still shown.

You could go this route. I hear people love these things. Have not tried one myself.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remotes/universal-remotes

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

It was said that the older 4 button remote once configured for the TV and STB would power off and on both devices with a single power button, and the would become out of sync. The resolution was to program the remote to so you had to hit TV then power, and then STB and power to control them separately from a single power button. The new two button remotes come with separate power buttons, but less functionality. The power buttons take the place of the device buttons. You can try to order the 4 button remote, but I am not sure about availability, even though they are still shown.

There is certainly truth to what Mark said about the power on/off of the STB and TV getting out of sync. Within a couple of days of getting FiOS TV 6 years ago I changed the setting in the remote to control the power on/off of the STB and TV separately. Besides I just like to leave my STB turned on 100% of the time, even though it really makes no difference.

Another reason I have heard is that the support center was getting many calls from customers who could occasionally not get their remotes to work at all, and it turned out that they had accidentally hit the DVR or Aux button somewhere along the way and suddenly neither the TV or STB would respond. I don't know if this is true or not, but I can assure you that my "better half" absolutely had that problem, it took quite a bit of yelling to fix..... Smiley Very Happy (now don't anybody get mad, she really is my "better half")

I think another reason is cost. I imagine that the 2-button remote costs Verizon less than the 4-button version, and despite the belief by those with A/V receivers that they are "very common" I believe there are lots and lots of FiOS TV connections with just the STB and TV only, even of only for the 2nd and 3rd and 4th, etc. TVs in the house, so sending 4-button remotes for those TVs was a waste of money.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Justin

You could have fixed my grammar when quoting.Smiley LOL

Why is the site so darn slow today?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

Justin

You could have fixed my grammar when quoting.Smiley LOL

Why is the site so darn slow today?

Slow? Seems a little faster than usual for me (but still slower that most sites....). Must be interference from all of the left over hot air from all of the politicians just down the road from you, even though they are all out of D.C. on vacation..... Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248