Correct FIOS TV wiring
stlouieblues
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just added FIOS TV to my package.  I had the FIOS phone and internet package.  I chose the cheapest STB the Magnavox DCT700 to keep initial cost down.  Everything is working fine.  But when I asked the FIOS technician what will happen if I choose to go to the Digital HD STB he said that a technician would have to come back out. I currently have a network cable going from the FIOS Interface Box to my router (not the coax cable).  The COAX just goesfrom the FIOS interface box to my TV.  He said that a splitter needs to be placed on the COAX with one end going to the TV and the other to the fios router.  I can move the FIOS router next to the TV and I have a network jack next to the TV that I can use to connect my PC to the FIOS router.  But he said a technician needs to do something on the FIOS Interface box too.  I guess I'm worried they'll try to charge me for a technician call to do this. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Correct FIOS TV wiring
stlouieblues
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally had Veirzon send a tech out.  Did some troubleshooting and called phone support to resolve issue.  Changed ports from network jack to coax.  Needed to release port assignments and worked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@stlouieblues wrote:

I just added FIOS TV to my package.  I had the FIOS phone and internet package.  I chose the cheapest STB the Magnavox DCT700 to keep initial cost down.  Everything is working fine.  But when I asked the FIOS technician what will happen if I choose to go to the Digital HD STB he said that a technician would have to come back out. I currently have a network cable going from the FIOS Interface Box to my router (not the coax cable).  The COAX just goesfrom the FIOS interface box to my TV.  He said that a splitter needs to be placed on the COAX with one end going to the TV and the other to the fios router.  I can move the FIOS router next to the TV and I have a network jack next to the TV that I can use to connect my PC to the FIOS router.  But he said a technician needs to do something on the FIOS Interface box too.  I guess I'm worried they'll try to charge me for a technician call to do this. 

He is mistaken.  IF you wanted to add a STB, it will be shipped for self install.  Personally I think trying to use a DCT700 is not worthwhile if you have a HD TV and even limited for those with just SD tvs.

0 Likes
stlouieblues
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally had Veirzon send a tech out.  Did some troubleshooting and called phone support to resolve issue.  Changed ports from network jack to coax.  Needed to release port assignments and worked.

0 Likes