Re: Cricket world cup 2015
walkerdanny

Yesterday, i was told in chat by verizon sales rep to contact verizon customer support today (02/10) to find out whether ESPN cricket world cup is available in verizon pay per view. Today i will call customer support again and if they have no information then i will immediately disconnect FIOS and switch to either DISH or TWC. I badly want to watch cricket world cup in TV in HD.

0 Likes
FIOSallTheWay

any update from the customer service?

I was told on chat  that we need to check and confirm if willow or ESPN are broadcasting the world cup thru Verizon. There are 2 options to access ESPN and Willow  (1)  either signup for the Sports Pass , or (2) upgrade/opt in for Utlimate TV package.  I think, the chat reps dont have any clue what we are looking for.

0 Likes
vchop

Verizon Fios - please plan on showing us the ICC cricket world cup some how ! No one seems to be interested in paying 100 bucks for online viewership..ESPN's pilot plan of testing this online coverage on the world cup sucks ! Let us enjoy our game on normal television.Hope to get a conifrmed answer before the 13th !

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not Verizon's call.

ESPN owns the rights and only plans to do via streaming or PPV.

0 Likes
mtv2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Precisely. But can we implore Verizon to speak with ESPN to include cricket for its subscribers...I would rather pay Verizon than ESPN...I don't want to stream from my ipad to the Tv....

0 Likes
KC2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

is there a forum to request new channels? Let's all pls push Verizon to show the world cup even if it's a PPV package. I don't want to have to stream to my TV ; bandwidths are going to be choked for high profile matches.

0 Likes
mtv2
Enthusiast - Level 2

DISH is offering the World Cup package to its customer for 99 cents only. I am sure Verizon can buy rights from ESPN and price it within reason for its subscribers....

0 Likes
encore0000

Any update on this? Whats the dealio with the ripoff $99

0 Likes
Sunnyv

Spoke to a rep. It looks like no WC Cricket on Fios. He asked me to buy from ESPN.

0 Likes
mtv2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tough luck. Verizon doesn't care much for cricket fans. Some of us desperate enough will end up shelling out $100 bucks for this....Sucks....

0 Likes