Re: Cricket world cup 2015
KC2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was informed on chat with customer support that Verizon is working on it and will update everyone via email and on website if/when the world cup package is made available. Don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling .....

0 Likes
sadhu

Folks,

Am on phone with fios customer service and she is saying that it will be available on willow tv. They were told about the availability this morning...She seemed very confident about it. Its available as of 13 Feb onwards...

0 Likes
mtv2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting. Several conflicting statements. If Willow will show then it only means that ESPN is selling or sharing the feed. Fingers crossed...

0 Likes
KC2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

I heard the same from customer support a few times but find it hard to believe as Willow's own website makes no mention of it. Also looked at programming on Willow for the 13th and didnt see any mention of the world cup.

Fingers crossed. Going to wait till Feb 13th and will finally end up buying the streaming package from ESPN if not made available on FIOS but definitely not my preferred approach.

0 Likes
chandulara

this is the chat discussion I had just now....don't know what's happening...have to check again tomorrow

(edited to comply with forum guidelines)

@KC2015 wrote:

I heard the same from customer support a few times but find it hard to believe as Willow's own website makes no mention of it. Also looked at programming on Willow for the 13th and didnt see any mention of the world cup.

Fingers crossed. Going to wait till Feb 13th and will finally end up buying the streaming package from ESPN if not made available on FIOS but definitely not my preferred approach.

0 Likes
KS_NYC
Enthusiast - Level 2
Any idea if the online ESPN Cricket 2015 subscription will work via ps4. Ridiculous if fios can't get the same ESPN Cricket 2015 ppv available on dish etc added to their line up.
0 Likes
KC2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can anyone from Verizon product team confirm or deny that world cup will be made available on FIOS? Lots of us on this thread have been assured by Verizon customer support  that they will show the world cup matches and I'm sure some haven't switched providers based on that assurance. At this point, switching is out of the question so would like a concrete answer if the matches will be shown or not.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I heard that xfinity is showing on ESPN free for their subscribers. Not sure if this is true.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to the only info I can find from ESPN online, they only reached PPV deals with Dish, Mediaom and TWC.

0 Likes
Malik_saab

I Just spoke to a customer care person. They said ICC cricket world cup is being offered on chennel 70 and 74 . and for HD its on chennel 570 and 574. Its espn and espn2. Those chennels are available to Preffered HD customers and above. If you have select HD package, you wont be able to view the matches. i have my fingers crossed. lets wait till tomorrow evening..Otherwise espn online option is available anyways.

Good Luck

0 Likes