DVR doesn't record/forgets series programs
cmayer30

I have been having an issue recording first run shows of series that are programmed on my dvr. for example i'll check my dvr in the morning and see a show is scheduled to record at 8pm and when i go to watch it later that night it's like the dvr forgot to record it. is there anyway to fix this? i've tried resetting the box and it fixes itself for a few days and then it happens again. 

0 Likes
Re: DVR doesn't record/forgets series programs
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

NEED MORE EQUIPMENT INFO

so someone can help you

Set Top Box ?

DVR ?

0 Likes
cmayer30

i believe it's the arris vms 1100 dvr and set top boxes

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a known issue.

Only way to correct a seires once it has that problem is to delete and re-add or selct modify series. Make no changes and hit save.

Verizon has stated they know of the problem but as of yet do not have a date to deploy a fix.

0 Likes
asg123

I've had the same problem for weeks.  At first they told me it was impossible and replaced the box.  Just today they admitted it was an issue and would deploy a solution, but when I asked when I was told that was beyond the scope of their service and they closed my ticket.  Awful service and in my opinion saying to just keep resetting the series recordings is a joke.  So,frustrated.  Wondering if their poor service is due to the strike or if they are always this unhelpful and uncaring.

0 Likes
2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

We're having the same problem. It happened again tonight. This is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
CDOsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another way to get them back in the "scheduled" list is to force a reboot of the Media Server STB.  "Main Menu -> Customer Support -> Top Support Tools -> Reboot STB".  After reboot, the box apparently rescans the guide and will re-discover the missing scheduled recordings.

Not an idea solution, having a fix would be that, but at least you don't have to fiddle with each and every series affected, just force reboot the box.  This has worked for me several times.  If fact, I've gotten into the habit of rebooting the box before going to bed.

0 Likes