FiOS tv app on Samsung S22 - DVR offline
JRW-1
Newbie

I have the new Samsung S22 phone and tried to use the FiOS tv mobile app, but it states my FiOS DVR box is "offline", even though it's up and working. Tried rebooting DVR box, phone, deleted app and reinstalled several times...even reloaded the FiOS WiFi router, but still DVR is offline. I can connect to the DVR using the app with an older LG Tablet, so I thinking this is a compatability issue between the new Samsung S22 and the app and/or DVR box. Any info on when this phone will be supported on the FiOS tv mobile app? Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
12 Replies
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JRW-1 wrote:

I have the new Samsung S22 phone and tried to use the FiOS tv mobile app, but it states my FiOS DVR box is "offline", even though it's up and working. Tried rebooting DVR box, phone, deleted app and reinstalled several times...even reloaded the FiOS WiFi router, but still DVR is offline. I can connect to the DVR using the app with an older LG Tablet, so I thinking this is a compatability issue between the new Samsung S22 and the app and/or DVR box. Any info on when this phone will be supported on the FiOS tv mobile app? Any other suggestions?


I know you are supposed to register a device with the DVR somehow, but I forgot how you do it. It may be your issue.  I know you have to register the device on the home DVR in order to use it from a remote location with the app. Maybe you need to un-register the older device first. You might want to check here for more info: https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/mobile/fios-tv-mobile-app#:~:text=%20Download%20the%2...

Lovemyself1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have reset my dvr several times and registered the new phone and removed the old phone and still can't access my dvr. However, after registering my new phone I was able to watch on demand again. I'm thinking that this phone is just not compatible with the app.

SWIZ38
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe it is a newer samsung/Android 11 issue.  I am having the same issue with my Galaxy Tab S7 FE.

My old TabA, A50 and Galaxy Note 9 all work as expected.

I have tried all the resets and event hooked my new Tab up to the ethernet port on the fios router to no avail. 

I have communication to the DVR as the remote function works but the DVR shows offline for DVR playback (I can see recorded shows and even delete them) and limited video content.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SWIZ38 wrote:

I believe it is a newer samsung/Android 11 issue.  I am having the same issue with my Galaxy Tab S7 FE.

My old TabA, A50 and Galaxy Note 9 all work as expected.

I have tried all the resets and event hooked my new Tab up to the ethernet port on the fios router to no avail. 

I have communication to the DVR as the remote function works but the DVR shows offline for DVR playback (I can see recorded shows and even delete them) and limited video content.


I'll bring this to supports attention and see what they say.

JstOneMoreDroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same problem- Support in the app has been unable to help with it.  Standard trouble shooting steps, that I had tried over and over.

I am "glad" I am not the only one having the problem.... so I can stop fighting and thinking it's something I have configured incorrectly

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@_Hal wrote:

I am having this same problem- Support in the app has been unable to help with it.  Standard trouble shooting steps, that I had tried over and over.

I am "glad" I am not the only one having the problem.... so I can stop fighting and thinking it's something I have configured incorrectly


Support is aware and working on it. No timeline yet.

dive4au
Newbie

after several hours on the phone with Verizon I found out that this is a problem on their end with some new model Samsung phones. I have the same problem with my S22 plus but my wife's S22 connects as expected. Verizon told me they are addressing this qand hope to have it corrected on the next software update.

0 Likes
GPFLYS
Newbie

I have the same thing with my S 22. Both my wife and I have new S 22 and her's fired right up and mine is doing the no connection issue.  I as well did all the steps and now I can't register my phone as it said I did it too many times in 12 months.   

I don't see how one phone works and not the other

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GPFLYS wrote:

I have the same thing with my S 22. Both my wife and I have new S 22 and her's fired right up and mine is doing the no connection issue.  I as well did all the steps and now I can't register my phone as it said I did it too many times in 12 months.   

I don't see how one phone works and not the other


Try calling billing and have your account reset. That may allow you to register the new phone. Tell them what you are trying to do too.

SP271
Newbie

Fios finally acknowledged (since last September)a Samsung issue from S21 on. Said Version 5.0, that is supposedly coming out May 2022 should resolve issue 

0 Likes
epetrak1
Newbie

I have version 5 and it did not fix the problem

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@epetrak wrote:

I have version 5 and it did not fix the problem


Did you completely remove the older version and clear all data and cache for it before downloading and installing version 5?