Re: Fios TV One Mini no handshake w/ Vizio TV - HDMI
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@mvc wrote:

Actually tried it on all 3 inputs with same result. It's almost as if there's some type of security thing going on and I have to wonder if it's related to encryption and if the Fios boxes are the culprit. Maybe just not compatible with my TV. Either way if component is sure thing and I can get 1080i will be happy just for that at this point. Paying $200 a month for TV that I can't even enjoy.

Component IS a sure thing. You can get 1080I as long as the converter is able to output it. I really believe Vizio screwed up their encryption in their latest firmware update, and that's why the box can't keep a handshake with the TV.

Re: Fios TV One Mini no handshake w/ Vizio TV - HDMI
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP
SOLVED FOR REAL: Fios TV One Mini no handshake w/ Vizio TV - HDMI
mvc2
Enthusiast - Level 3

The final solution that actually worked was this:

https://www.radioshack.com/products/hdmi-to-component-converter-adapter

Saved me from buying a new TV. 

Re: SOLVED FOR REAL: Fios TV One Mini no handshake w/ Vizio TV - HDMI
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@mvc wrote:

The final solution that actually worked was this:

https://www.radioshack.com/products/hdmi-to-component-converter-adapter

Saved me from buying a new TV. 

Glad you got to where you wanted to be!

Re: latest Vizio firmware update has fixed HDMI issue w/ Fios TV One STB
mvc2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Updating this to more current status. On Aug. 31 Vizio pushed a new firmware update to my TV and the HDMI issue is now completely resolved and working with Fios TV One. I removed the Radio Shack component cables and can once again use HDMI with CEC. All is well. Confirming that the issue was the previous Vizio firmware which caused the HDMI to stop working the day after that update was pushed.

Re: latest Vizio firmware update has fixed HDMI issue w/ Fios TV One STB
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@mvc wrote:

Updating this to more current status. On Aug. 31 Vizio pushed a new firmware update to my TV and the HDMI issue is now completely resolved and working with Fios TV One. I removed the Radio Shack component cables and can once again use HDMI with CEC. All is well. Confirming that the issue was the previous Vizio firmware which caused the HDMI to stop working the day after that update was pushed.

Thanks for the update, hope other people will see this.