Fios TV One Mini no handshake w/ Vizio TV - CEC and HDMI
mvc2
Enthusiast - Level 3

The main Fios STB is hooked up to an old toshiba and works without issue. Tried this STB w/ 2018 Vizio E50-F2 TV and couldn't get the handshake. Was able to get it one time only w/ the Mini and can no longer get it. HDMI no signal. I have the TV and boxes set up for CEC, HDMI, and HD. All settings are correct but can't get the handshake w/ the Vizio TV. Switched the boxes with the TV. Everything works with Toshiba nothing with vizio. Tried all combinations of plugging/unplugging & changing the order of turning devices on. HDMI cables are new and certified for 4K ultra HD. A 3/27 firmware update by Vizio seemed to cause HDMI no signal issues that weren't there before. Can't get a tech out due to Covid.  Reset TV to factory settings, doing soft reboots, etc. It worked one time and I had the best TV quality ever for 1 night only. Now back to No Signal. Tried removing the Mini STB and re-adding it to the network. Any suggestions for getting this to work again?

0 Likes
Reply
1 Solution
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

I'm not sure on this, but I dont think the mini will put out an HDMI signal and a Composite signal at the same time. You may have to remove that adapter before it outputs on the HDMI out. Not 100% on that but worth a try.

View solution in original post

35 Replies
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

The box you linked to may work. You can also try a HDMI to Component converter:

https://www.amazon.com/Component-Converter-Function-Adapter-Support/dp/B01MZYWPHV/ref=psdc_280341_t3...

You'll need cables for it:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Component-Video-Cable-Audio/dp/B01D5H8C4K/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild...

That will give you 1080I and audio to your Red, Green and Blue input on the back of your TV. The other Red and White are for Audio. No guarantees so make sure whatever you buy can be returned.

mvc2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for these links and suggestions. I went ahead and ordered the box. Hope it takes care of the issue until the tv can be serviced. If not I'll try the component solution you posted. Many thanks.

0 Likes
Reply
mvc2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update: got the converter box and it does work. Seeing 720p HDMI now instead of 480 via cables. HDMI was not working on any port at all but the box makes it possible. I'll take 720 until the tv board can be replaced. Beats 480 any day.

0 Likes
Reply
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@mvc wrote:

Update: got the converter box and it does work. Seeing 720p HDMI now instead of 480 via cables. HDMI was not working on any port at all but the box makes it possible. I'll take 720 until the tv board can be replaced. Beats 480 any day.


 Since you can see 720p, you should be able to see 1080i. The Fios box needs to be set to 1080i as that box is a strictly passthrough device. It says it should also pass 4K, so if you get 1080i working, you might want to give 4K a shot! Glad to hear that is helping.

mvc2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm returning the box as it stopped working once I turned off the TV. Back to square one with no signal. Once again could not get the signal back with or without the converter. Ordered the component cables and box that you provided a link to in an earlier post. Hopefully that will work. If not then new TV. Thanks for your help once again.

0 Likes
Reply
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@mvc wrote:te:

I'm returning the box as it stopped working once I turned off the TV. Back to square one with no signal. Once again could not get the signal back with or without the converter. Ordered the component cables and box that you provided a link to in an earlier post. Hopefully that will work. If not then new TV. Thanks for your help once again.


My goodness, what's up with that TV?  Did you try input #2 on the tv with the new box? Might work. Seems like every time it accepts a handshake,  it black lists it on the next go around! The component cables and adapter are a sure thing. No HDCP to worry about with analog, so no handshake issues. Just make sure the Fios box and the adapter are set to 1080i.

mvc2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually tried it on all 3 inputs with same result. It's almost as if there's some type of security thing going on and I have to wonder if it's related to encryption and if the Fios boxes are the culprit. Maybe just not compatible with my TV. Either way if component is sure thing and I can get 1080i will be happy just for that at this point. Paying $200 a month for TV that I can't even enjoy.

0 Likes
Reply
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@mvc wrote:

Actually tried it on all 3 inputs with same result. It's almost as if there's some type of security thing going on and I have to wonder if it's related to encryption and if the Fios boxes are the culprit. Maybe just not compatible with my TV. Either way if component is sure thing and I can get 1080i will be happy just for that at this point. Paying $200 a month for TV that I can't even enjoy.


Component IS a sure thing. You can get 1080I as long as the converter is able to output it. I really believe Vizio screwed up their encryption in their latest firmware update, and that's why the box can't keep a handshake with the TV.

mvc2
Enthusiast - Level 3

The final solution that actually worked was this:

https://www.radioshack.com/products/hdmi-to-component-converter-adapter

Saved me from buying a new TV. 

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@mvc wrote:

The final solution that actually worked was this:

https://www.radioshack.com/products/hdmi-to-component-converter-adapter

Saved me from buying a new TV. 


Glad you got to where you wanted to be!

mvc2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Updating this to more current status. On Aug. 31 Vizio pushed a new firmware update to my TV and the HDMI issue is now completely resolved and working with Fios TV One. I removed the Radio Shack component cables and can once again use HDMI with CEC. All is well. Confirming that the issue was the previous Vizio firmware which caused the HDMI to stop working the day after that update was pushed.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@mvc wrote:

Updating this to more current status. On Aug. 31 Vizio pushed a new firmware update to my TV and the HDMI issue is now completely resolved and working with Fios TV One. I removed the Radio Shack component cables and can once again use HDMI with CEC. All is well. Confirming that the issue was the previous Vizio firmware which caused the HDMI to stop working the day after that update was pushed.


Thanks for the update, hope other people will see this.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP
mvc2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi. I don't have a Bluray player or do any gaming. Your assumption is correct that I'm going directly to the TV HDMI from the box. I took a look on Amazon and don't know what I'm looking for. Would it be something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-Converter-Downgrade-supports/dp/B06XC7VLFV/ref=psdc_280341_t1_...

 I see so many things there and am not really sure what to get.

The Fios boxes came with red, yellow, and white cables. I have the yellow plugged into the green socket on the back of the tv and the red and white ones to get sound. I get 4:3 letterbox at 480p with this setup. 

The TV gets 4K Ultra HD on Smartcast.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Reply
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Sorry to hear that didn't work. Problem is you never know when a firmware update will strike, and what mayhem it will cause! All the pieces are so dependent on each other now that one mistake by one manufacturer throws the whole system off. Good luck with getting a replacement, but personally, I'd stay away from Samsung. A lot of firmware issues there too.