Fios screen (TV) goes black, but I still have audio
JuniorAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed this for the first time earlier this week, I changed the channel..I had a picture for about 2-3 seconds and the screen went completely black - but I still had audio.  I simply went back to my last channel and had a picture again. (At first I honestly thought my new TV was starting to act up. No, not the case)

Last night (Mar. 20) I went to access my "On Demand" - which is always a joy on my DVR -sarcasm, it always has been sloooow loading on my DVR - and poof, my DVR shutdown and did a reboot.

Since then, I will change channels, screen will go black. (Thankfully it is NOT my TV, I hit Menu and see that...but no picture) So I literally have to go back to last channel, then go back again to watch what I want to watch. 

Any suggestions, last time I called Verizon for DVR issues like a looping reboot - they would fix it by clearing cache - , hard reboot from their end. Calling now, well the wait time is long. I get it...most everyone is home, LOT of tv watching, perhaps more issues and tech support is needed.

0 Likes
1 Solution
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

First I'd unplug power from the box for 2 minutes or so then power it up and let it reload. After that check all your coax connections,  make sure they are tight. You can also go into menu> customer support >Top support tools>Connected device status and make sure connections show good connections. Also you can try menu> customer support >Top support tools>Reboot STB. You might also try a different HDMI cable from box to tv.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Christinet1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the mini and have to unplug & replug the hdmi cord every time... ridiculous 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Christinet wrote:

I have the mini and have to unplug & replug the hdmi cord every time... ridiculous 

There is a known handshake issue that will probably be addressed with the next update.

skonthebass

I have this problem it seems like every single morning.   I have an LG TV and this only started happening recently when I updated to Quantam gateway service (Verizon sent new media server and clients) and a new 3110 router.  The TV response (when it's working) is great remote response time used to be a real issue.  But this having to reboot the client EVERY day is annoying and unacceptable as a solution.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@skonthebass wrote:

I have this problem it seems like every single morning.   I have an LG TV and this only started happening recently when I updated to Quantam gateway service (Verizon sent new media server and clients) and a new 3110 router.  The TV response (when it's working) is great remote response time used to be a real issue.  But this having to reboot the client EVERY day is annoying and unacceptable as a solution.

Try unplugging the Fios box from the wall, and unplugging the HDMI cable from the TV and the box after shutting off the TV. Plug the Fios box power back in, and turn it on. Wait about 1 minute, turn the TV back on, then plug the HDMI cable back in between the Fios box and the TV. Also check the Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings>Video Format and see if it is 2160P, or 1080P. If 2160 make sure the input on the TV the Fios box is connected to is setup for 2160p, or set to auto with expanded color.

Tamster1

This has happened to me several times.  I am livid!  I tried to contact Verizon, but it's Sunday and I only get the "chat with us" option, which is a joke.  It tries to troubleshoot, then says it found a problem with the "video service", tries to do a reboot and then I get a message, "Something went wrong"!  No kidding!  Nothing further happens and could not talk/text with a real person.  Terrible!  This happened to me twice today.  Didn't have any TV video for most of the day.  I'll see what Comcast can offer me!  Terrible, terrible service, Verizon!

0 Likes