Fox Soccer in HD
pgsimons
Enthusiast - Level 2

FOx Soccer will be available in HD starting in March.  Please add!

382 Replies
RossDavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe we need to organize a petition because neither Comcast nor Verizon carry FSC-HD in my area and I do not want to switch to a dish because I like to watch TV when it rains.  The lack of FSC-HD is **bleep**.  What the ---- is taking so ---- long????  At least Comcast Sports Net Mid Atlantic (ch. 576 in my area) carries one Champions League game per week in HD.  I thought Verizon was the leader in HD.  So much for that.  I lobbied FSC for years to broadcast in HD never thinking my provider would not pick it up.  Hell, I have the Weather Channel in HD, which seems excessive to me.  Do I really need hi def to see the weather forecast?

prisaz
Legend

@RossDavid wrote:

Maybe we need to organize a petition because neither Comcast nor Verizon carry FSC-HD in my area and I do not want to switch to a dish because I like to watch TV when it rains.  The lack of FSC-HD is **bleep**.  What the ---- is taking so ---- long????  At least Comcast Sports Net Mid Atlantic (ch. 576 in my area) carries one Champions League game per week in HD.  I thought Verizon was the leader in HD.  So much for that.  I lobbied FSC for years to broadcast in HD never thinking my provider would not pick it up.  Hell, I have the Weather Channel in HD, which seems excessive to me.  Do I really need hi def to see the weather forecast?

How do you expect to see those rain drops? I am sorry but had to ask. I agree with you. It has to be offered at some point.

0 Likes
exherndonFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 1

With the World Cup bringing much more attention to soccer this past summer, and with the US doing fairly well with exciting games....   Wouldn't you think that someone inside Verizon would be smart enough to capitalize on that momentum and draw new and keep subscribed viewers with the wonderful game in full HD?!?!  

0 Likes
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

@exherndonFIOS wrote:

With the World Cup bringing much more attention to soccer this past summer, and with the US doing fairly well with exciting games....   Wouldn't you think that someone inside Verizon would be smart enough to capitalize on that momentum and draw new and keep subscribed viewers with the wonderful game in full HD?!?!  

my thoughts exaclty! this is ridiculous.

0 Likes
arsenal4
Enthusiast - Level 2

This past weekend, we enjoyed a wonderful picture (and game) on ESPN2 between ManCity and Spurs- after that it was all downhill. The quality of the picture on FSC and FSCPlus is TERRIBLE- I'm not spoiled, but come on now.

Question-- Who can confirm that any providers have these three channels in HD right now? (FSC HD, FSCplus HD, GolTV HD) if you can confirm, then i'm switching.

I switched to verizon because of Sentana, so I'm not afraid to switch again- I need my soccer in HD- my goodness, 584 is just seeing there empty waiting for it!!  and 1009 is not HD-

FIX IT PLEASE OR I"M GONE 

0 Likes
coalsylv

Time Warner Cable (NYC) has FSPlus HD (ch.470) FSC HD(ch.485) Gol TV HD is in a channel line-up already ( ch.469), when you tune to the channel it displays the message " channel not available yet, will be coming soon, try again later" , that makes sense as the channel is supposed to be launched on Sept. 1 together with FSC HD, but for some reason FSC HD is broadcasting already. FSPlus HD and Gol TV HD witll be probably in " Sport Tier" package ($3.99) as these channels are there in SD also, but I can't say for sure, cause I am a new customer and have all these channels for free now, but I can tell the difference in picture. The only downfall is " Fox Soccer Report" is not really in HD, even if logo is there, it's only displayed in 4:3 format, kind of disappointment.

0 Likes
CLyttle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats the issue, I don't think that anyone has FSCHD, GolTVHD or FSC+HD cause if they did Idbe right there with you man switching away.

I think Direct TV has GOLTV HD - FSCHD and ESPN2 HD that is probably the best bet for the most HD Football.

Dish told me they Have FSC HD thats it.

0 Likes
Tideman

Time Warner Cable here in New York City offers all three as of last week and I think select other Time Warner areas have or will have them by September 1. Not All Time Warner customers around the country receive the same content so some will have it and some won't; it is up to the regional managers in each area to determine what is offered and what isn't. But the thing is Time Warner had put the information about these additions on their WEBSITE WEEKS BEFORE they went live, to notify their customers. Wow, notifying customers and keeping them up to date, what a concept! Something Verizon seems morally opposed to doing.

Time Warner also doesn't charge a stand alone $14.99 fee for Fox Soccer Plus (which FiOS does for SD not even in HD), it is part of their $3.95/month sports tier here.

I haven't gone back to Time Warner as of yet because I am also an NFL fan and they do not carry the NFL Network as they are still in a dispute over that and they will not have the NFL Red Zone channel which I loved last season. Also the internet service can't even compare between the two, Verizon blows TWC away.

For me there are also some other pros/cons I would have to consider.

I live in an apartment so neither of the dish services is an option for me. It's either Verizon FiOS, Time Warner or RCN (who are still in the dark ages).

0 Likes
wjmooner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm currently out of contract with Verizon and, although I've been satisfied with the service, I would switch services if the competitor in my area offered FSC in HD.  The only thing keeping me with Verizon at this point is the inaction of Cablevision.  Only five days until the Premier League season kicks off and not a word about adding the channel.  

0 Likes
coalsylv

I don't know ,if Time Warner is available in your area, but their FSC HD and Gol TV HD are coming soon, the latest on Sept. 1st. I just switched to Time Warner a  week ago, they have FSPlus HD.  Gol TV HD / FSC HD have already booked channels on 469 and 485.

0 Likes
Ian81
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not but I can get it on COX, Direct TV and Dish. I prefer to keep verizon as its hassle changing and everything, but I really want FSC HD.

0 Likes
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had D* but won't go back due to outages. I can get Cox but it doesn't compare to Fios so I won't go that route either. I want FSC-HD badly but I won't switch to an inferior service in order to get it. According to the twitter guy @ FIOSTV, FSC-HD is a done deal but as usual, no timeline..

I'm not sure why Vz. is so secretive when compared to the other carriers..

0 Likes
Ian81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, I mean, sometimes in august would be fine for me, just to know that its coming.... I didn't see that on twitter, unless you are referencing the its coming, and that is nice but gives no information what so ever as you pointed out!

0 Likes
djcandle

What exactly is Verizon doing to get these channels?  I first went with FIOS because they offered Setant Sports before anyone, but with the start of the English Premier League days away, the channels I need aren't available, and is making me think twice about canceling this service.  

If you can hear this, we football fans need Fox Soccer Channel HD, and GolTV HD ASAP!!

THE TIME IS NOW. 

0 Likes
coalsylv

Time Warner Cable (NYC) just launched FSC-HD yesterday, channel 485. The Gol TV-HD is in the line-up already on 469, not available yet, but latest on Sept. 1. Glad I switched to Time Warner last week. My suspicion is , that additional FSC HD might be another $14.99 a month with Verizon, that's what they charge for FSCPlus (SD!!!), that offers less soccer in general as this is also channel for rugby fans. I am sorry, but to charge $14.99 for a single channel, that is almost unwatchable is just to offensive.

0 Likes
Ian81
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Twitter the guy has said twice its coming, unfortunately there is no time frame, which is so frustrating! I very much doubt FSC HD will be $14.99 on its own, but maybe they will package it in with FSC+ for $14.99 or maybe a few dollars more, I would certainly be fine with it being included in the $14.99 FSC+ package since I get that channel anyway, although I would also like that in HD. I wish someone could give us more information, its really annoying.

0 Likes
julesism
Enthusiast - Level 3

well this sucks... the opener on ESPN2HD was brilliant. It's tough watching the Villa v West Ham match on FSC-SD.

0 Likes
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's crazy that the new season is here and we still don't have FSC-HD!! This discussion started in the early Spring if memory serves!  How is it that D* has it, Dish, and Cox (and probably more) and Vz. doesn't?!?

Verizon really let down A LOT of its customers Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

so what is channel 1522, is that not fsc hd?? or is that just regular fsc

0 Likes
CLyttle
Enthusiast - Level 2

1522 says its a HD channel but it is in SD, annoying really that when I put the programming on HD only that 1522 is on the list, but its SD lol, Fios really what are you guys doing, you call yourself the best - but don't even offer thee best Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

yeah my mistake i was browsing the tv listings last night on verizons website and found channel 1522( i usually use 84) and it said those games would be in hd so i assumed that was fschd. When i watched it today i found out it was not. So why does fcd(sd) have two channels? I to am **bleep** that fios does not have this channel. i assumed that  they'd get a deal settled b4 the start of the season. C'mon verizon get with the times doesn't, dish, directv, time warner, and comcast(??) all carry this channel now. Fios, love the internet(dns servers suck tho thank god for google dns), hate the online gaming pings, hate the fact there is no fschd. I might be switching once my contract is up.

0 Likes