Re: Free Replacement of QIP6200 and QIP6416 STBs
Justin46
Legend

@CanIHelpYou wrote:

At this time you must be subscribed to MLB Extra Innings to qualify for this equipment exchange. Moving forward the list will become extensive, so listing the impacted programming is not practical.

As Verizon adds more MPEG4 programming to other packages, subscribing customers will become eligible for swapping out their Motorola 6xxx boxes.

Verizon has chosen to add MPGE4 content to niche packages, so most customers are not eligible for the equipment exchange.

Balony! Create a list, put MLB Extra Innings on it, and put it on the web. Whenever the next one or two or ten or whatever are added, just add them to the list. Easy as pie, and would keep customers informed. And this is especially true if they are just adding niche content in MPEG-4 or converting existing content, the list would be short. 

Keller, TX 76248

prisaz
Legend

@Justin wrote:

@UnnDunn wrote:

If you are a MLB Extra Innings subscriber with a 6xxx series HD box, and you try to view one of the affected channels, you will receive a prompt that will take you to the STB Free Replacement screen.

Thanks. Unfortunately, actually fortunately, I have a 7232 and two 7100-P2 boxes, so I am not going to get the message. When I found the option I ran it just to see what it said, I knew that whatever the reason for it I would not qualify since I have their most current hardware.

I guess that, based on their experience with this (limted?) base of customers, Verizon will gain some experience and be better prepared to handle a larger volume when they roll out other channels using MPEG-4. I wonder how many people sign up for the MLB Extra Innings offering? Whatever the number is, I hope Verizon gets some good experience with both the exchange program and using MPEG-4.

Keller, TX 76248

I am on Cisco! Change them all to MPEG-4. Convert a few to IP channels also. There is no reason other providers should have more than Verizon. NO REASON! Smiley LOL

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

I am on Cisco! Change them all to MPEG-4. Convert a few to IP channels also. There is no reason other providers should have more than Verizon. NO REASON! Smiley LOL

No disagreement here, my boxes will all accept MPEG-4 (well, except for the free DCT-700, but that is not connected anyway). But I suspect Verizon still has a fairly large number of QIP6xxx boxes to replace first before they can do anything except replace or add channels for small, low use packages. I hope I am wrong, I would like to see some new channels added.....

Keller, TX 76248
CanIHelpYou

@Justin wrote:
 Create a list, put MLB Extra Innings on it, and put it on the web. Whenever the next one or two or ten or whatever are added, just add them to the list. Easy as pie, and would keep customers informed. And this is especially true if they are just adding niche content in MPEG-4 or converting existing content, the list would be short. 

There's not a compelling reason to list the packages. Those subscribed to the packages are informed of how to swap their equipment.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@CanIHelpYou wrote:

@Justin wrote:
 Create a list, put MLB Extra Innings on it, and put it on the web. Whenever the next one or two or ten or whatever are added, just add them to the list. Easy as pie, and would keep customers informed. And this is especially true if they are just adding niche content in MPEG-4 or converting existing content, the list would be short. 

There's not a compelling reason to list the packages. Those subscribed to the packages are informed of how to swap their equipment.

There is no compelling reason not to either! And the effort to create and maintain the list would be minimal, if Verizon provided me the data I bet I could do it in 15 minutes/week or maybe month, depending on the activity. And if you don't want to see the list, well, gee, just close your eyes or something.

Verizon should make every effort to inform customers of future changes in their service. Wouldn't you like to know beforehand that if you choose to order "xyz" package that you will have to replace your STB(s)? I most certainly would, and I think others would too. Take a DVR, for example; lets say you have a bunch of programs recorded that you haven't watched yet. If you order something and have to replace the DVR before you can receive the service, and you are going to lose the recordings because you don't have the time right now to watch them, wouldn't you be upset? I bet you would!

Just curious, I had the word "Balony" at the front of my post, why did you remove that from your quote? Seems kind of useless to remove it, and reinforces my view that your comments/opinions in your glorious total of 7 posts here are just "balony"!

Keller, TX 76248

prisaz
Legend

Someone said Discovery was MPEG4? So Verizon is altering the signal? Expanding it for retransmission to the boxes that are only MPEG2? That seems bass akwards from what was first advertized. Regarding the signal not being altered. Perhaps it is cheaper to do that at the VHO than to replace STBs. But now as more go MPEG4 the cost to benefit ratio swings the other way. Especially if each channel requires seperate conversion hardware.Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley Tongue

I hope all providers do this and force the change!!!

Vote here if you would like to see a list of MPEG4 and what was changing.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Provide-a-list-of-channels-that-are-MPEG-...

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@CanIHelpYou wrote:

@Justin wrote:

"Those subscribed to the packages are informed of how to swap their equipment."

Before or after the fact? With 1.9 it was after. Oh sorry you don't get the new HD guide. Oh if you have a 6200 or 6414, you still dont get it. Smiley LOL

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@PJL wrote:

Justin, I haven't heard anything from Verizon either, but it's been all over DSL Reports (see http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27043947-MLB-Extra-Innings-HD-channels), Be patient when you read the thread -- MP4 isn't mentioned for quite a few pages as I recall.

Sorry that part of DLS Reports is down. Also the post above regarding Discovery Channels, is linked to a story that was pulled, or it is a bad link. I guess everything is a secret.

0 Likes