HBO GO sign in not working with FIOS
Willie110
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to sign in to Verizon FiOS through the HBO Go app, the HBO Go app only shows a blank screen, and doesn't allow me to sign up like it did previously. This is very frustrating.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HBO GO sign in not working with FIOS
jvick717
Enthusiast - Level 1

Android user here on the Pixel 2 XL.  I had this issue for many months where hitting the Verizon FIOS proivder button did nothing and every other service provide had 0 problems. I finally found the solution today. I went into my apps and cleared both the Cache and User Data within the app and voila. Next time I went into the app the Verizon FIOS login screen popped up instantly.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it happen on more than 1 device?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling app?

0 Likes
Willie110
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I just tried it on a number of my devices. The HBO Go web based app does work for my PC. However, on both of my Android phones (LG V20 and Google Nexus 6), the HBO Go app does not work. The HBO Go web app is required for use on phones.

I'm a little less frustrated now because I figured out I can use it on PC and cast to Google Chrome, so that makes it a little better. I'd still like it working on the phones though. Thanks.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try removing and reinstalling?

I recently had an issue with another app and that fixed it.

0 Likes
Willie110
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried removing and reinstalling it many times on both devices. However, yesterday I found out something new. When I tried it yesterday I noticed that there was selectable text in the black screen the HBO app provides after you select Verizon FIOS in the app. This is what it says:

Webpage not available

The webpage at https://comet.api.hbo.com/login/verizon?clientRelayState=hadron%3A%2F%2Fredirect%2F%2Fassets%2Fhtml%...could not be loaded because:

net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

0 Likes
rpfloyd3

I have the exact problem and have been trying to get Verizon to fix it over the last two weeks, but to no avail.  They don't seem to understand the problem, or don't know how to fix it.

0 Likes
Kwirk

I had the error message for too many redirects when trying to log-in using the Chrome browser on my PC.  Switching to Internet Explorer worked OK.  Possibly a Chrome setting causing the problem?

0 Likes
JamManK91

Same thing! This has been beyond frustrating! And it used to work just fine. Please let me know if you get any answers to your questions. 

0 Likes
bx1968

I have the same problem. Whenever i try to log in to HBO Go using FiOS as the provider i get the android icon and some text in the background. Very frustrating since I like to download shows to my Pixel XL and watch on my commute home.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried removing and reinstalling app?

Have you reached out to HBO GO Support?

0 Likes