Re: HDMI OUT to AV Receiver Issue (FIOS TV ONE Box)
Jacjr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was going to call Onkyo again but will try this first and report back. 

0 Likes
Jacjr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will definitely try this as well.  Intersting box.  This stuff is really getting over my head.  A signal conflict for sure.  Other steps may solve but this box (which may be able to be sourced cheaper) is a nifty device worth a try in order to run HDMI throughout. 

0 Likes
Jacjr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok.  I had some time to try and make these changes you suggested and test further.

First, I had to get into the receiver menu to turn ARC off and make sure standby thru setting was changed to the cable box input.  It was set to last.  Those are really about the only settings in the receive menu.  After that, I powered down the receiver and the TV picture tried to come up but couldn't.  So we may be leaning in the direction of the little box device you mentioned but I will run this by the guys at Onkyo.  I'm a little surprised that they would make an AV receiver with a lot of capability but would also cause this signal traffic jam.  This isn't an older model by any means.  They should have thought of that.  A receiver factory reset doesn't seem like it would benefit me in this case.  Still a bit of a mystery.  I will report back.  This may really help others.  Thanks a million!   

0 Likes
Jacjr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I almost don't want to write this I'm so embarrassed.  I called Onkyo and we did some cable troubleshooting and moving cables to try different ports. Check all cables in future is the lesson before assuming it's something much more complicated.  I have some short "jumper" HDMI cables which are great to connect components next to each other.  IT WAS A BAD JUMPER!!!!!!  I can't believe it.  HDMI from TV to Receiver HDMI OUT fine.  New jumper HDMI from receiver (cable box port) to FIOS Box perfect so far as well.  Thanks so much again for your assistance!  Great to have folks like you out there.   

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Aaaarhg! So often it's something simple, but the way things have gotten there are a million ways to mess up. Glad you found the issue, suprised it never acted up when you tried the direct connection to TV. Guess the bad cable wasn't in the circuit for that one!

Jacjr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Indeed. Actually, after further reflection, I'm still a bit skeptical. I'm almost positive I tested an HDMI from receiver port marked for cable to FIOS box and didn't get good results. I'll wait and see. It may be perfect. I may be paranoid. Many, many thanks! I enjoyed it. 

0 Likes
Jwillads
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just had Elite Media over to fix this situation.  My fios one was not working when connected through my Integra receiver.  My receiver is about 10 years old and obviously not 4K capable.  To fix it, he went into the fios one settings and switched the signal to 1080i.  Go to Settings, Audio Video, Video Settings.  From there I think the default was 4K. You need to switch that to 1080i or 1080p.

DBDiamond

I just signed up and cant get a video signal from my Sony reciever.  I get audio PL EASE BHELP

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DBDiamond wrote:

I just signed up and cant get a video signal from my Sony reciever.  I get audio PL EASE BHELP

There are a lot of things that could be wrong. First go from the Fios box directly to the TV and in the Fios menu set the output to 1080i. Now go from the box to the receiver,  then receiver to TV and see if there is still a picture.

0 Likes