Re: IMG 1.9 release notes and discussion thread
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems as if some have received the 1.9 upgrade.  Does any one yet know whether or not there is a list of esata external drives that are compatiable with the new 7232 boxes, or will any esata equipped dirve work?  I don't have the upgrade yet, but do have the 7232 STB and would like to be prepared.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@barbshop wrote:

Seems as if some have received the 1.9 upgrade.  Does any one yet know whether or not there is a list of esata external drives that are compatiable with the new 7232 boxes, or will any esata equipped dirve work?  I don't have the upgrade yet, but do have the 7232 STB and would like to be prepared.

Go read the Release Notes linked to in the very first post in this thread, the drives supported initially are mentioned there. Plus Joe indicates that additional drives will be listed when tested.

Keller, TX 76248

Justin46
Legend

@barbshop wrote:

OK, dumb question?  How do I know what VHO I'm in?

Go to System Information under Settings in the Menu on your STB. The VHO ID is listed there, your VHO is the 2nd two digits of the 4 digit number. For example, my VHO ID is 3301, my VHO is 01.

Keller, TX 76248

bighap

Will former Verizon Fios customers that are now on Frontier Fios receive these updates?

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

Quiet weekend on the roll-out front. Did Vz slow down over the weekend, or are they in wait-n-see mode to see how it's going so far, or are you all who got 1.9 last week being pushed back to 1.8 because of servere SW bugs?

Thanks,

-----------
- mike

3 x QIP-7232-P2
IMG 1.8
VHO1

Hubrisnxs
Legend

@bighap wrote:

Will former Verizon Fios customers that are now on Frontier Fios receive these updates?

No - Frontier will have their own updates - if any.  

0 Likes
pal1221
Enthusiast - Level 2

when will downstate ny get the upgrade? I am in vho 05

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

People with more knowledge than me have posted this roll-out guesstimate:

1) DAC 13: 14, 15, 15a
2) DAC 07: 2, 11
3) DAC 01: 1, 3
4) DAC 05: 5, 6, 6a
5) DAC 09: 7, 8
6) DAC 03: 4, 9, 9a

I did not know: a DAC is a grouping of VHOs, so DAC 13 includes VHO14, 15 and 15a

They indicated the ones in the middle may be rotated a bit, I think my DAC (01) has moved down the hierarchy a notch or two. But pretty much DAC 13 was first (last week) and DAC 3 will be last. (in June). I guess this is a similar schedule to the last IMG roll-out.

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Keep in mind these are not necessarily Verizon's roll out list, but "educated guesses".  In the past I don't think one published schedule has ever been held to Smiley Sad

mphare
Contributor - Level 2

If Vz is smart, they won't publish a roll-out schedule like the one above. And they certainly won't put dates on the schedule, like the guesstimated 2 weeks per DAC I've seen elsewhere.

People don't like it when they don't know the schedule, but they like it even less when the published date comes and goes and they got nothing.