Re: IMG 1.9 release notes and discussion thread
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Joe A. advised in the on-line forum that the Tampa area (VHO2) is at the beginning of the rollout plan for 1.9.  If we're next after the initial rollout and if the plan was to rollout to another market every two weeks or so, then that would have been this past week.  But we didn't get it yet.  No biggie.  Just info for others who are waiting and are later in the rollout.  I'll post once we receive it to give others an idea of how long it might be.

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

@gjetson wrote:

I was reading the transcript of Joe A. presentation, it was very interesting and informative.  Just a question in the rollout schedule which there was a number of questions and references,.  Does Delaware gets grouped with the Philadelphia market?  or is it its own entity, and which part of rollout does it fall into beginning, middle, or end?

Delaware is VHO 8 and grouped with parts of PA - in the settings look under System settings and you will find your VHO it is a 4 digit # of which the last 2 are  your VHO  for ex: I am in Claymont and in VHO 8 in the system settings is says 3308 hope this helps  as for when we will be getting it is anyone's guess

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

I just read over at DSLReports that the rollout is on hold, no information available of when it might start up again.  Figuring this was an official Verizon forum I expected some sort of notice.  Any news of how long the delay might be?  I was looking forward to the new guide and features.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@doropallo wrote:

I just read over at DSLReports that the rollout is on hold, no information available of when it might start up again.  Figuring this was an official Verizon forum I expected some sort of notice.  Any news of how long the delay might be?  I was looking forward to the new guide and features.

While this is a Verizon spnsored forum, it is also PEER-TO-PEER (that means user to user).  Don't know why you would expect an official announcement here any more than on some other forum.  Look to the blogs and twitter for anything resembling official information.

BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

In inquired about whether there is a delay or any other info that could be released.  This is the response I received from Joe A...

"We're incorporating feedback we got from customers in the 4 markets that were already upgraded to 1.9. Just some minor tweaks as we get ready to roll to other markets in the coming months."
0 Likes
mntbikejack

@BrianC wrote:
"We're incorporating feedback we got from customers in the 4 markets that were already upgraded to 1.9. Just some minor tweaks as we get ready to roll to other markets in the coming months."

Yikes. I was expecting weeks not months. 

After recently switching from Directv with full back-lit RF remotes, full room to room sharing, & a really good HD guide to name a few the FiOS DVR interface seems to be what DTV had years ago. It is getting hard to manage the "wife acceptance factor" any longer and I'm afraid I am bailing back to DTV.

I know I should have waited because I knew the existing interface was far inferior but I figured 1.9 would be out everywhere by now.

We are very happy with FiOS Internet & phone so will be keeping them.

0 Likes
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

Now that the 1.9 roll has begun, has Vz published an approved eSATA list? 

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@zich6 wrote:

Now that the 1.9 roll has begun, has Vz published an approved eSATA list? 

The only currently "approved" drives that I am aware of are the WD 500M and 1T MyBook series.  There have been those that have tried other solutions with success, but keep in mind that Verizon tech support won't assist with other then the listed drives.

Supposedly more drives are in testing and the list will be expanded to include some 2 TB drives (maximum supported by the firmware).

zich61
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, I was hoping that some 2 TB drives had been certified.  You'd think they would have established minimum performance specifications the way other manufacturers do.  Imagine MS coming out with a new operating system with 1 fricken motherboard that's compatible.  Ridiculous.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

They advised in forums a few weeks ago that they are working to certify additional drives, but didn't say how long it might take or which devices would be next.

0 Likes