KEEP UNIVISION!!
AlphaRT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Univision is good for the community. It's also where to go for LigaMX games - you can't find those anywhere else.

66 Replies
lynn2chris

Please keep UNIVISION as this network is one i have grown up with, and there are alot of different programs my entire family watch.

please consider adding UNIVISION back to VERIZON/FIOS.

thank you

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I read in another forum that folks were notified that Verizon hascome to terms with Univision.

And that channels are currently (if not already) being re-enabled.

0 Likes
iamnotarobot1

This situation is not acceptable. it is affecting millions of people. Verizon & Univision need to work it out for the sake of viewers. 

I have been with Verizon for many years. I am ready to find another provider and take it to social media if they can't fix this.  Adios and Good bye to both. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has stated that Univision wanted to more than double their fee.

Have you tried complaining to them?

0 Likes
Portuga4life
Enthusiast - Level 1

This needs to be resolved or I will have to switch provider. Sad because I have been with Verizon since it was brought into my neighborhood years ago. Considering the fact that I am paying just under $400 a month, I would like my elderly mother to be able to watch the only channels that make her happy. If Verizon doesn't care about this or my business, I will have to find someone that does!!!

0 Likes
Asela11

Espero que pronto verizon llegué a un acuerdo con Univision ya que yo ase poco tiempo acabó de rrenovar mi contrato con la compania y en ningún momento dijeron que ya noproberian Univision ,Galavision,yUnivision Deportes . ya que por eso rrenove mi contrató.

We should get Univision back because that is the channel I mostly watch everyday. My family and I love the shows that Univision provide. We love soccer and the reason why we have verizon is because we wanted to have Unvision Deportes. 

We hope to have Univision back.

0 Likes
Giageometro

Please bring back Univision, its the only channel my elderly mother watches.

Respectfully,

Gia...

0 Likes
Christie2016
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don’t care about the early termination fee!! I can not survive with out Univision  not all soccer games are on espn and other sports Chanels I have already missed one game and will switch. I agree Verizon should contact televisa or just figure it out I read that u Verizon didn’t even accept the extension. It really makes me wonder why. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If there was an extension offered, we don't know the terms.

I have read (but can't confirm) that Univision is asking for their fee to double.

And that would put it close to the price paid for ESPN.

Keep in mind that Verizon would pay that rate for every customer whose package contains Univision. My guess is that Univision doesn't have the same level of viewer ship to warrant that high a fee.

0 Likes
PEGR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, does Verizon get to pocket the money it saves by depriving us of our favorite channels????   I'm at the airport about to go on a business trip to South America.  If this does not get resolved by the time I'm back next week, ADIOS Verizon AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES.  I WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY TO BOYCOTT YOU AND TO CONVINCE EVERYBODY I KNOW TO DO THE SAME.  The message that repeats in the channels that were removed sounds very ironic.  YOU COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!  Verizon is probably run by some xenophobes...You should try traveling a bit and experiencing other cultures...Maybe then you will understand your customers better...

0 Likes
Cefaro
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently learned that Univision and Unimas Spanish language channels were removed from verizon listing b/c they are asking more than double what they charge for access to their channels. Awesome! Please Verizon, don't pay one penny to them. Univision is the worst Spanish speaking channel on TV, even for Mexican standars. All the show is old movies and programs like Cantinflas(1950's) and el Chapulin Colorado (1970's), and **bleep** telenovelas (soap operas) all day, and I mean the entire day starting around 9:00AM to 12:00AM.

They don't want to spend money on more recent movies or educational/learning programs, like Telemundo, what a big difference, they show American movies in Spanish which helps more into undertanding and learning the culture. And these channels are only seen when you don't speak or understand English, b/c once you start picking some English, you just want to watch English American channels.

I got the Spanish language package mainly to watch the soccer channels and also to stay connected with my culture, but Univision is not worthy believe me, not for our culture, not for anyone who looks for enterteiment and learning at the same time.

I checked with verizon to see if I watch univision at least 2 hrs a month and qualify for those $5.90 credit, and I can't believe it I did! It must has been the soccer game USA vs Mexico. I will not take those $5.90 and you don't get Univsion back, please! It's a waste of money and a waste of brain usage. Thanks

Y se los digo en nuestro idioma, Univision es lo peor que puede existir en TV, es un retraso para nuestra cultura y nuestra gente, no les importa invertir para darnos mejores programas y quieren mas dinero. No lo merecen! Absolutamente no! Nosotros merecemos algo mucho mejor en espanol que la mediocre y pauperrima programacion que Univivision y Unimas ofrecen. Gracias

0 Likes
Pillbox
Enthusiast - Level 1

So dissapointed, this just makes the decision to drop the the service that much easier, contract or not. The reason I renewed was becasue that I enjoyed univisions product, and the fact that it is gone and Verizon doesn't feel the need to compensate me for that loss - whatever their check was to see if I qualified was not sufficient and probably self serving for verizon. Although I have 200+ channels, mostly CRAP by the way, there were only 5 or so I actuallly I watched regularly and that just got a lot smaller. 

It's sad, but they are starting to get like Comcast!!! 

0 Likes
rej1223

no univision, no service. tocara volver a mi anterior service

0 Likes
JC210
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good afternoon,

I am extremely unhappy about the recent disagreement with Univision. My parents are longtime Verizon FIOS customers and up until this point we have been satisfied with the service, however, this disagreement has been disconcerting to us. My parents watch Univision every day. Though they do not watch tv much, some of their favorite, shows—Josue y La Tierra Prometida, Aqui y Ahora, Primer Impacto to name a few, are only offered by Univision.  This week, while my mother and father got comfortable and ready to watch their show, Josue y La Tierra Prometida, they realized that Univision was no longer offered.  I watched how my father tried to solve the issue and thought that it was a mistake.. only to find out that it had been cut. My parents look forward to their shows and though you may have other “Latino” networks nothing compares to Univision. You cannot simply expect people to watch another network they are not used to watching just because the network is Spanish speaking. This network provided my parents an outlet from the outside world, it provided them with something that was fully catered to them, and you have taken that away. For others it may be a network, but for many Latinos like my parents it provided comfort, a time in which they could just watch tv, and spend time as a family. My parents had a routine, work, dinner, and watch THEIR shows, now they can no longer do this. I would highly would highly suggest you reconsider and negotiate instead of giving up and throwing a temper tantrum.

It would have been nice to receive notice and even nicer for you and Univision to reach an agreement. I understand that YOU want for the consumer US to pay less, but why not try to reach an decision peacefully instead of completing shutting the network? Why not warn YOUR customers or better yet, reach an agreement!

According to your website, I can get a $5.99 credit—is this what you are paying Verizon currently? Instead of thinking about YOUR pockets, you should think about the people that are paying you and not make rash decisions. After being your customers for such a long time, the least you could do is communicate with us. After many year of your service, we are strongly considering a new carrier. For future reference, think of your customers.  

GD121

Verizon, please keep Univision.

0 Likes
PEGR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The very least that Verizon can do for its customers is STOP charging the EXTRA $16 that we pay every month for the Spanish language package!!!  If this doesn't get resolved in a few days I will definitely cancel, and I will never do business again with Verizon FIOS or any of its affiliated companies.  I was considering switching to Verizon wireless after having ATT for 16 years, but NO MORE!!!

dmv17

Do not put these channels on that will greatly increase my cable bill.  If people want to watch Univision, let them buy a package to cover the increase Univision is demanding.  Many people do not want these stations.  We survived without The Weather Channel, we can survive without Univision!

Univision, go steal money from somebody else!

0 Likes
PEGR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

LET'S SEE IF YOUR PRICE STAYS THE SAME ONCE ALL OF US WHO WATCH THE UNIVISION CHANNELS BOYCOTT VERIZON!!!

mona15911

I WOULD LOVE TO BOYCOTT I REALLY FEEL DISCRIMEATED JUST HOW THEY DID IT WITH ALL THE BAD THINGS THAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE LATIN PEOPLE AND NOW GETTING ABUSED BY OUR CABLE COMPANY I'M REALLY **bleep** OFF IF THEY DON'T PUT UNIVISION BACK I WILL LEAVE ALSO

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would you feel the same if it was a channel you liked to watch? And now had to buy an extra package to view it?

We all pay a little for every channel.

Helps to give maximum amount of channels for the best price.