Lack of free streaming device app - VZ Nickel and Dime
crazyzete2

This is mostly a frustrated rant. It's bothered me that i can stream in-home TV channels on my PC or a tablet, but not cast that to a TV streaming stick or use an app. I was THRILLED when i read that there is a FIOS TV app now on the Fire TV Stick and almost rushed out to buy one. I was crushed when i further read that you can only use that if you are on a newer, more expensive mix-and-match plan AND you pay $20/mo for a streaming add on. Really? I can fill my house with tablets and watch programming to my hearts desire - but if i want that streamed to a TV i have to shell out $20/mo plus a new expensive plan, or rent more FIOS TV One boxes? Seriously i feel Verizon is nickel and diming us. I'm pretty sure XFinity streaming on devices is included in their plans and very tempted to take my business that way rather than continuing to shell out for set top boxes.

Verizon marketing folks - i think you really need to take a hard look at your strategy here. Nobody wants to keep renting these set top boxes. Got it that i need my base box for $12/mo. I should be able to buy my own sticks and stream in any room that i want to. I have a second $12/mo box in the bedroom just for my wife to occasionally put some TV on in the background. Once in a blue moon she may watch LMN on it...Seriously, get with 2022 and stop nickel and diming your customers. You have FIOS and you are in your home network - open the apps to streaming ad casting. Your service is expensive enough as it is - stop driving more customers to cut the cord. Give us enough reason to keep paying for the TV service.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lack of free streaming device app - VZ Nickel and Dime
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does LMN have an app for the Fire Stick? If so you can just use the stick to stream for her. I'm not sure about the streaming plan specifics, I remember it being very confusing, and I thought you only had to pay for the mix-and -match option, not an additional $20 per device to stream.

View solution in original post

Re: Lack of free streaming device app - VZ Nickel and Dime
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does LMN have an app for the Fire Stick? If so you can just use the stick to stream for her. I'm not sure about the streaming plan specifics, I remember it being very confusing, and I thought you only had to pay for the mix-and -match option, not an additional $20 per device to stream.