Re: Losing FOX
BobbyDaniel
Enthusiast - Level 2

DAY 3: Still no local Fox affiliate in Syracuse. Try harder Verizon, please!

0 Likes
stanstv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keep fighting Verizon. I don't want to pay more for tv. Keep cost in check. There has to be a limit to the value.

Thanks for the extras until things are resolved.

0 Likes
BobbyDaniel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh by the way NFL playoff games on Fox 68: 0 for 2 on Verizon Fios. Don't miss Verizon Fios going for the trifecta on this coming Saturday. That's putting the customers first!

0 Likes
stanstv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Putting the customer first is keeping cost down. Try an atenna to get local broadcast like I did. Cimes in in hd with a $10 antenna from family dollar.

0 Likes
jab315
Enthusiast - Level 2

For $200.00+ a month I shouldn't have to buy an antenna to watch any channel that was once part of my contracted service.  If you think for a minute that Verizon won't find another reason to raise costs then you are delusional.  This is nothing but pure greed versus pure greed and the consumer is stuck in the middle.  If FOX is demanding such exhorberant fees then why doesn't Verizon tell us what those are and why they are worse than what any other cable provider is paying?  Bottum line is this has no immediate impact on what we pay Verizon as we are under a contract.  If after each customers contract is up and they are told they have to pay a dollar or two more a month because of FOX to keep their service, then it will be up to each customer on whether they want to sign a new contract. 

stanstv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not attaching an atemma is your choice. I want my cost kept down that is why I have fios and not time warner. If you like higher prices go to time warnter and get fox on cable. If verizon holds out the cost can stay down like it has for me. I don't pay two hundred plus I pay seventy five and I am happy using an antenna until fox reduces demands. Your contract does not say you will have fox network.

0 Likes
BobbyDaniel
Enthusiast - Level 2

DAY 4: Still no Fox 68 WSYT in Syracuse NY. Next round of NFL playoffs coming up this Saturday. Do either party care?

0 Likes
stanstv
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is why Fox chose now to pull the channels. They know it't playoff time. Came in great here on the antenna. In hd.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@stanstv wrote:

That is why Fox chose now to pull the channels. They know it't playoff time. Came in great here on the antenna. In hd.

That's why "Bristlecone" chose now to pull ...

Fox is still carried by Verizon on the air in other areas of the country

0 Likes
stanstv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon did not pull the channels. The network did, I think they pulled them now because of the playoffs. That effects many people and helps them get more money.

0 Likes