ME T.V. Leaving Leaving Washington, D.C. on WTTG
Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I was watching Me T.V. this Mother's Day, May 8, 2022, a commercial came on regarding ME T.V. is leaving Washington, D.C. May 9, 2022 in Washington, D.C. on WTTG. This network will be available on other cable providers and Verizon Fios customers should contact Verizon 1-866-559-1130 asking them to keep ME T.V. in their Channel lineup. I called the number and it is useless because it's like getting customer service and these folks have no clue to what's going on. Verizon staff have not clue or authority regarding this matter. I am a baby boomer born in the 1955 and I enjoy watching old series on ME T.V. that I watched growing up as a boy and teenager. 

https://metv.com/keepmetv

64 Replies
Rubyredjewel
Enthusiast - Level 2

By chance I pulled up the MeTv  website this morning and a banner was on the page. If you live in Wash DC metro area   MeTv has returned to the  channel lineup! The info below  was on the MeTv website as a banner at the top of the page.

Washington, D.C. Viewers: MeTV and MeTV+ can now be found on a new channel. Watch with an antenna for free on channels 48.1 for MeTV, and 48.4 for MeTV+. Click here for tips for antenna viewers. Fios has now launched MeTV on channels 23/523. Comcast HD viewers watch MeTV on channel 1048 and MeTV+ on channel 1193. Contact Comcast/Xfinity support if you are unable to receive. Astound/RCN viewers watch MeTV on channel 597 and MeTV+ on channel 52.

talby1027
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone know when Verizon will update the My Fios Mobile App guide with METV on 23 & 523?  I can't set recordings on either channel as neither are in the guide.

0 Likes
HappyTalk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turned on our TV tonight and to our delight there was MeTV on channel 523! We are so happy to have our favorite shows like M.A.S.H., Andy Griffith, The Three Stooges, Svengoolie, etc. back. Thank you so much Verizon. We've been kind of depressed the last three weeks but are happy again. 

Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been enjoying ME T.V. since Verizon Fios brought it back in High Definition on Verizon Fios Channel 523. The picture quality if much better than it was before in SD resolution.  I have a 2022 Samsung OLED 4K Smart Television and ME television is coming with HD higher quality. I just finished watching my Saturday night line up, the 3 Stooges and Svengoolie on ME T.V. 

HD streaming is higher quality but requires more bandwidth, SD streaming is lower quality but requires less bandwidth.

Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received an email this morning June 2, 2022 from ME TV informing me, this channel is back on in Washington, D.C. on Verizon Fios Channels 23 & 523. This is great for me because I have the Fios HD Channels package. Now I am watching ME TV in HD which I never had before since having Verizon Fios. 

I am so happy because I will be up all night watching ME television. Thank you Verizon Fios and ME TV for bringing this channel back to Washington, D.C. 

Chelle_12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was just informed by MeTv that they are now BACK on  Fios channel 23 and 523.  I'm so happy to be watching again. The tv show names from the last network on this new channel hasn't changed yet, but it will catch up in a day or two.

0 Likes
drewtlo
Enthusiast - Level 2

2 weeks later and FIOS still had channel 489 listed as MeTV. 

This isn’t the first time they’ve totally screwed up a channel transition. 

I tried contacting support and they keep telling me that MeTV is part of my package and treat me like I have no idea what I’m talking about. 

I’ve been with FIOS for over 10 years and am thinking of switching to Comcast. This is absurd. 

0 Likes
Keith1967
Enthusiast - Level 2

You will be better off, I switched to Fios 3 months ago and I’m sorry I did. Now I will probably go back. 

0 Likes
dcjoe1
Enthusiast - Level 1

MeTV in DC has moved to WDME 48.1.

Verizon, please pick up this station. It is popular and many of your customers enjoy it. 

Comcast, Dish, Cox and others have already picked it up. 

Don't drive your customers away. 

Pick up MeTV today. 

JHugginz

Us OTA viewers lost it too.  It moved to some lower-powered station in Waynesboro VA (😡).   I guess only viewers in Southern Virginia can see it now. 

0 Likes
CapsDC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No wonder I can't get that. I'm 160 miles away. On a good day in the winter that's hard to pick up but now with the trees full bloom, it's even worse. I guess it's Frasier, Roseanne and The Nanny on Cozi.

0 Likes
Sharpy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I caved in today and purchased the FrndlyTV streaming service.  I hope Verizon gets this resolved ASAP. 

FiosUser69
Enthusiast - Level 1

MeTV is available on "frndlyTV" which is a live TV streaming service and it costs about 7 dollars a month.

Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

ME T.V. is a free Channel. Why on earth would Verizon Fios consumers in Washington, D.C. want to pay to subscribe to ME T.V.?

0 Likes
Give_MeTV

To be able to skip thru the repeated, inane CarShield commercials, that's why. Now, I'll have to buy an OTA DVR to be able to do the same thing I was already paying for with FiOS. And I didn't notice our monthly FiOS bill drop one cent, after they removed a channel we watch about 50% of the time. FiOS needs to get out their purse, and add WDME to the lineup, and don't pass the cost on to us, to get back something we already had.

0 Likes
Linflas
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I connected the cable directly to my tv tonight and let it scan for channels, MeTV is there on 48-1 both HD and SD. Hopefully when they add it they make the HD channel available.

Keith1967
Enthusiast - Level 2

Supposedly returning to Fios early in June, we will see. 

0 Likes
talby1027
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where did you hear about this early June date?

0 Likes
Keith1967
Enthusiast - Level 2

Washington, D.C. Viewers: MeTV and MeTV+ can now be found on a new channel. Watch with an antenna for free on channels 48.1 for MeTV, and 48.4 for MeTV+. Click here for tips for antenna viewers. MeTV is returning to Fios in early June. Watch here for further information on the launch date. Comcast HD viewers watch MeTV on channel 1048 and MeTV+ on channel 1193. Contact Comcast/Xfinity support if you are unable to receive. Astound/RCN viewers watch MeTV on channel 597 and MeTV+ on channel 52.

Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for this information. This is great news to hear because I've missed watching ME television this past month on Verizon Fios. Talking today with a friend in Durham, North Carolina, he mentioned watching ME T.V. in the early morning hours. He started naming the 'Twilight Zone', Alfred Hitchcock, Mannix, and Cannon. I told my childhood friend, they had taken ME T.V. off Verizon Fios in Washington, D.C. and I've been sad because I miss my favorite shows on ME T.V. 

You can watch MeTV on the following stations:

Washington D.C. - Over The Air (Over the air)48.1
Washington D.C. - Comcast1048
Washington D.C. - Astound / RCN597
Washington D.C. - FIOS   Coming Soon
0 Likes