Media manager and windows media center
davesax1

How do I set the Fios Media manager to stream content from the Windows media center to the TV?  I was able to set up media manager on a Vista desktop.  Would like to set it up on 64 bit new laptop that can be upgraded to windows 7.  Please provide step by step instructions.

0 Likes
Re: Media manager and windows media center
oceanexpress1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not think you can do this unless you can convert the Windows Media Center recording to a type of file which is supported by Verizon Media Manager.  Media Center files have an extension of  *.dvr-ms.     Verizon Media Manager ONLY supports .avi, .wmv, .flv, 3gp/3g2, .mpg(non-mpeg 2 videos) and .mp4/m4v  files.  I have been meaning to try this as well,  but have not yet. 

Can anyone recommend a good and free video converter for this?  

Blame MS for this... that is using a propriety video format...

Let us know if successful.

-oceanx

0 Likes
Re: Media manager and windows media center
oceanexpress1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update on my post above.  I was able to use Windows Movie Maker to convert the .dvr-ms to a .wmv file.  I converted to a fairly high-quality 780p format.  for 15 mins of video the conversion took about 30 minutes.  was able to play it back on the tv via media manager functionality on the STB but the quality is REALLY poor.  I do not think verizon media manager is really meant to stream any video of high quality...

-oceanx

0 Likes