Multi-Room DVR streaming issues
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

I have FiOS about two years now and there is a slight issue that I have when streaming recorded programs on a remote HD STB - periodically when viewing I notice a slight signal interruption where the picture briefly pixelates and this happens once in a while when viewing On Demand programs as well.  I have run self diagnostics which show good signal levels (SNR), checked the MOCA stats through the router interface which clearly show all STB's with approximately 240mbps, changed the coaxial cables to quad shield RG6, contacted tech support to remotely check my network and all turned up fine.  A tech was out a few months ago to replace a splitter and something in the ONT as well as exchanging my router to the latest Actiontec (Rev. I).  I would like to mention that Live TV is fine as well as viewing recorded programs from the DVR itself. I do not know what else to do to correct this issue. I would appreciate any feedback and advice and certainly would like a Verizon employee to escalate this issue if necessary.  I am really happy with the service but this slight minor issue really bugs me.  Thanks for anyone who could help me resolve this issue that I have had since my installation.  Last night I unplugged all my STB's, reset the router and then connected the STB's one by one starting with the DVR.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multi-Room DVR streaming issues
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry about the streaming issues. We would like to look into this in more detail. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

View solution in original post

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry about the streaming issues. We would like to look into this in more detail. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

NNard
Contributor - Level 1

I would like to thank all the Verizon employees involved in helping troubleshoot this issue.  A tech agent will be dispatched to help boost one of the STB's that have a slightly lower signal.

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It was our pleasure to help get this fixed for you. Anytime you need assistance please don't hesitate to make a post on the forums. Thank you for being loyal Verizon subscriber. 

0 Likes