My Verizon iPhone app error message....
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Recently, when trying to access schedule or recorded programs on the My Verizon iPhone app, I get the following error:

Mandatory Field Not Supplied.

Does anyone have an insight on what's causing this and/or what can be done to fix it?

Thanks i advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Verizon iPhone app error message....
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

In reply to my own post in case it may help someone else with the same issue in the future:

It turned out that the probem was not being able to connect to our DVR STB via the Internet.  Thus the iOS app wouldn't work but neither could I connect to the DVR via a PC browser.   That, in turn, was caused by a glitch that had the Verizon system thinking in error we have a DLink router when an Actiontec model is required for that service.

The system glitch also had on screen caller ID failing to work.

The good news is after trying all the self-help steps available through the IMG I called tech support.  I got through to a live person in Dallas in a reasonable amount of time.  He stayed with me for quite sometime and he was eventually able to correct the system glitch so it knew we have an Actiontec router and the problem was solved.

Pretty good tech support in my humble opinion.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

In reply to my own post in case it may help someone else with the same issue in the future:

It turned out that the probem was not being able to connect to our DVR STB via the Internet.  Thus the iOS app wouldn't work but neither could I connect to the DVR via a PC browser.   That, in turn, was caused by a glitch that had the Verizon system thinking in error we have a DLink router when an Actiontec model is required for that service.

The system glitch also had on screen caller ID failing to work.

The good news is after trying all the self-help steps available through the IMG I called tech support.  I got through to a live person in Dallas in a reasonable amount of time.  He stayed with me for quite sometime and he was eventually able to correct the system glitch so it knew we have an Actiontec router and the problem was solved.

Pretty good tech support in my humble opinion.

0 Likes
pinenut
I have tried phone support 3x on this with no help. Can you tell me How they fixed this? My calls have not initiated a fix so the apps are worthless
0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I really can't add anything to the explanation I reported earlier.

If you have the exact same symptoms I did, that being not able to connect to my set top box with either the iPad/iPhone app or via a computer and the My Verizon web site, I suggest you call tech support back and ask them specifically if they show your router as an Actiontec.

If not, and assuming you do have an Actiontec, they need to fix that at their end.  If they are showing your router as an Actiontec, maybe it's time for a new router?

Good luck.

0 Likes