NHK 481-482 not working ?
Stephan2023

Since 2:00 am August 15th NHK has not been on Fios TV. Have they drop them? 

0 Likes
6 Replies
Stephan2023

Thank you all for answering — Well “ misery loves company” I just found out that I was not alone with this problem it took 3 days to fix it but eventually Fios figured out the problem. 

My theory is that when ever NHK switch to their local national broadcast this problem occurs. This make me conclude that it is a switch problem and some entity forget to switch back to NHK international- so we are left in the dark - as a good friend of mine who works for CBS said to me. “ No one is aware as for the few who are really watching it, Fios phones are not ringing off the hook with complaints “ I think he is right - someone is sleeping at the wheel. By the way yesterday August 23rd channel 25 - 525 (NYCTV Life) also went out with a note about provider not sending content ?  
Thank you and best of luck to Fios until someone absorbs them and we go back to the merger game. 
0 Likes
Shinnichika

NHK World also not available in Monmouth County, NJ since 8/15/2022.

Ch. 481-482 displays black screen with the words "No signal." (Looks oddly retro.)

Verizon online support (yeah, I know) tries to tell me it's my set-top box, and wants to send out a tech.

It's not.

No indication that Verizon has dropped NHK World, but who can tell when there's no information, and nobody seems to understand my problem.

News and entertainment from Japan is important to me, but that doesn't seem to matter to Verizon.

0 Likes
Shinnichika

NHK World is back.

Perhaps Verizon was listening.

0 Likes
Scott696050

No answer from Fios. And god forbid you try to get someone on the phone to help unless you're ordering new service. They care about getting you, not so much keeping you.

0 Likes
Scott696050

What is going on?!? NHK where are you?

I have a pending new Fios installation at my next apartment. If they dropped NHK I'll cancel it and get Spectrum. It's important.

0 Likes
scitechguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not working on Long Island either, channels 481 or 482.

0 Likes