Need replacement for QIP7100 STB
gartm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an issue now for a couple of weeks with one TV in my house experiencing pixilation on certain channels. Technician came to house and replaced splitters, coax and the ONT and I still have the problem. I swapped this stb with another in my house the problem moved with the STB (QIP7100). I have spoken to Verizon multiple times in an attempt to get a replacement box. They have told me that all of these STB have been discontinued and no longer available. Verizon wants me to swap all of my STBs to the new Fios TV One boxes. At this time, I would rather not do this yet. What happens to all of the boxes that are returned to Verizon? I would take one of those. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Old STBs are likely scrapped. I don't know how much support they receive at this stage from Arris (who bought out Motorola's set top box division). ๐Ÿค”

When I replaced a failing Sony Trinitron television with a newer Samsung HD, I called Verizon to have the old Motorola SD STB replaced with an HD version, Verizon replaced all boxes with the Arris 4100 series... 1 VMS (the main unit) and 2 minis (remote units).

Except for one minor annoyance, I'm fairly happy with the new units.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Old STBs are likely scrapped. I don't know how much support they receive at this stage from Arris (who bought out Motorola's set top box division). ๐Ÿค”

When I replaced a failing Sony Trinitron television with a newer Samsung HD, I called Verizon to have the old Motorola SD STB replaced with an HD version, Verizon replaced all boxes with the Arris 4100 series... 1 VMS (the main unit) and 2 minis (remote units).

Except for one minor annoyance, I'm fairly happy with the new units.