New 7232-P2 not working
watches
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recieved the 7232-P2 as an upgrade (paid $39.99) and when I hooked it up this morning it gave the following error (white screen)  cablecard pairing information is not available. 

You could see the typical FIOS screen loading in the background. Eventually (about 5 minutes) the cablecard error went away and I was able to view TV. However, only local stations and not any packaged channels (HBO,HD etc) could be viewed. I called FIOS tech support and the tech reset the box a few times to no avail and then decided to reset my router settings which knocked my PCs off the LAN and blew out my wireless settings. Sad thing is, he offered no help to correct the setting so I fixed it myself. After the router issue was fixed the 7232 still would only show broadcast channels and give the you are Not Subscribed message for all other channels. While the tech guy setup an onsite dispatch for tomorrow, I figured I would try to monkey around with the 7232 box myself. I tried rebooting with the same result. Finally, on the You are not subscribed screen it says, Press B for diagnostics. I did that and it reinitialized that channel but still did not work. It then asked if I wanted to reinitialize the box and I said yes and now it is stuck (after a reboot) on STARTING FIOS screen (with the red curtain)

Questions:

1. Why would the box give the cablecard error?

2. Is there a was ro reset/clear the box by holding a button when power cycling so I can see if that works?

Thanks for any help you may give because I think my chances are better on here then with the tech support via a phone call.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New 7232-P2 not working
watches
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a replacement box with ZERO hours on it. This 7232 works perfect. Setup was a snap. The box is fast as hell with no lag at all. The IMG in HD looks fantastic. I love the 7232 but what a painit was to get it and then get a good one. No help from Verizon tech support either. Now to send the defective box back with a note saying they sent me a defective unit so do not charge me the upgrade price!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
watches
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems this may be a refurbished unit. Runtime hours is 55 hours yet I have only had it powered on for less then 5.

Now I get an error EP01 in the daignsotic mode (power off select)

Pretty crappy VZ would send a refurbished box to me when I paid an upgrade charge.

The display is stuck with a 0 (zero) and nothing shows on my TV anymore. The only thing I can do is go into dianostic mode where I see the EP01 error Cannot connect to CSA

0 Likes
watches
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZ tech showed up. Reset the 7232 and while channels seemed to work, error messages of not being subscribed would come up as well as freezing of the picture. The VZ tech did not have any 7232 on his truck and will check the shop tomorrow and call me. He does not think they have any at the shop either.

Got a bad box I paid $39 upgrade for and can't get a replacement or speak to anyone who knows how to ship out a replacement for this defective unit. Unreal!

0 Likes
watches
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a replacement box with ZERO hours on it. This 7232 works perfect. Setup was a snap. The box is fast as hell with no lag at all. The IMG in HD looks fantastic. I love the 7232 but what a painit was to get it and then get a good one. No help from Verizon tech support either. Now to send the defective box back with a note saying they sent me a defective unit so do not charge me the upgrade price!

0 Likes