New Arris Fios One Media Server won't stay powered on
Mike20002
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have checked all available settings and disabled "auto-standby". I don't have the same issue with the smaller "Mini" boxes. I use a Harmony remote, but have confirmed it is not sending a power code to the box.

It seems to be time-related: if I turn off the TV and restart it within a few minutes, it goes to the last watched channel, but if I leave it overnight it goes to the "power off" banner. I've done a settings reset and the issue remains.

I'd like this box to remain powered "on" so that the TV always powers on to the last watched channel. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Labels (1)
  • STBs

0 Likes
1 Solution
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Mike20002 wrote:

Have checked all available settings and disabled "auto-standby". I don't have the same issue with the smaller "Mini" boxes. I use a Harmony remote, but have confirmed it is not sending a power code to the box.

It seems to be time-related: if I turn off the TV and restart it within a few minutes, it goes to the last watched channel, but if I leave it overnight it goes to the "power off" banner. I've done a settings reset and the issue remains.

I'd like this box to remain powered "on" so that the TV always powers on to the last watched channel. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If you disabled auto-standby on all boxes try this:

Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix Fios TV Issues

If that doesn't work you may need to get a new box.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Mike20002 wrote:

If you disabled auto-standby on all boxes try this:

Main Menu > Customer Support > Top Support Tools > Fix Fios TV Issues

If that doesn't work you may need to get a new box.