New Center Ice Channel Issues
Jeembo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm glad you guys are giving us more HD channels for NHL Center Ice (long time coming - DirecTV has both the home and away feeds in HD), but all of the new ones are HORRIBLY scrambled/artifacted/pixelated.  Please fix this.

0 Likes
Re: New Center Ice Channel Issues
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Jeembo wrote:

I'm glad you guys are giving us more HD channels for NHL Center Ice (long time coming - DirecTV has both the home and away feeds in HD), but all of the new ones are HORRIBLY scrambled/artifacted/pixelated.  Please fix this.

The HNL Center Ice HD channels are now in MPEG4 and appear to be on the same QAM channel.  Often, a loose or corroded coax connector or bad splitter will impact a single QAM and cause what you're seeing.  Another person complained about the same Center Ice experience you have on this forum, and was able to resolve the issue after checking and reseating all connectors and performing an STB autocorrection.  Apparently the frequency ot the applicable QAM channel is more susceptible to interference or loss than others.

P.S. If you're addressing your comment to Verizon, you might remember that this is a peer-to-peer forum.  Although Verizon may monitor it, they don't always reply to questions, especially lately and when there is already a thread on the same issue.

0 Likes
SumMorTuuS1

I have the same problem. I have also checked connections, and reset my box and that has not worked. PS - I'm an electrical engineer that works for a large company that makes connectors.  This is not a connector issue.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@SumMorTuuS wrote:

I have the same problem. I have also checked connections, and reset my box and that has not worked. PS - I'm an electrical engineer that works for a large company that makes connectors.  This is not a connector issue.

It normally is a connector issue,.  The QAM channel frequency for Center Ice seem to be especially susceptible to ingress for competing signals (local police radios, etc.) I would reset the ONT as a last attempt.  By the way, you indicated you "reset" the STB, but did you do an "autocorrection?"  Another poster had success when they did the autocorrection.

0 Likes
Jeembo
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue only exists with some feeds - not all of them.  There were 2 Wild-Canucks feeds when I posted this and they were both having the same issue.  There were a couple other feeds that had no issue.  Also, the issue only existed when there was movement on the screen.  When the picture was stationary, it looked fine.  Prior to the new Center Ice HD channels being added, the issue didn't exist for any of the HD feeds.

0 Likes