New HD Channel Additions for 2010
Diego10901
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone heard any news or know where to find any HD channel additions for this year? 

I already know about the "wish list" but if anyone knows where to see any future news regarding additional channels I would appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: New HD Channel Additions for 2010
goke313g

Fox Soccer Channel HD

MSG HD

MSG+ HD

bonus...GolTV HD

Fox Soccer Channel + HD being moved to the Ultimate HD pack....that channel is worth $15/mo

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

The original poster asked if anyone knew of any new HD's being added, not what your wish list is. None of those channels you mentioned have been announced.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

So far there has been no "official" list that I have seen.

Usually somone will post here when a channel is being rolled out, but usually its only a few days or a week at most before the channel actually appears. there is no long term list that I know of.

0 Likes
goke313g
my bad
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Diego1090,

Verizon just plain and simple does not like to announce things like new channels until just before availability at the earliest, and frequently puts them on the network for a few days before they announce them. So I don't think you are going to find an "official" list anywhere - rumors yes, facts no.

Here is a link to a website that tracks HD channels for all of the major satallite, cable, and fiber systems:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1058081

The author typically updates the list once a month, and it seems to be pretty accurate. He uses a color code to track channel availability for each provider: Wide Availability, Limited Availability, Not Available, and Announced. The chart provides a pretty easy way to compare who has what, and to see what channels exist out there that FiOS does not have.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes